Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Arrow in Buck No Blood HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks too far forward to me. It might have clipped the lung but if it didnt then that deer isn’t dying soon.... fingers crossed for recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I really hope I am wrong but shot looks high and too far forward. I don't believe it entered the heart lung area but went between ribs and shoulder perhaps braking a few ribs. If that is the case perhaps a large vein or artery got hit and he is down.

Dog would be best recovery option, but tough to tell.

Comment

Dead deer. Get a dog on him after a few hours or in the morning.

Comment

Get a dog, I bet that's a dead deer.

Comment

Looks fatal to me, see it as entering chest cavity so dead deer. Possibly 1 lung and could go a ways if pushed

If I am wrong and arrow stayed on outside of rib cage he may survive

Comment

Good luck. I think I would of had the dog out there tonight. Yotes may find it by morning.

Comment

Looks like the broadhead stuck on the opposite shoulder but likely clipped lung. With the shot so high and no exit wound whatsoever you will be lucky to find much blood. I think that's a dead deer though and probably didn't go 100 yards. TRY TO FOLLOW HIS TRACKS and look for tiny drops of blood.

Comment

We went back out on foot. Thunderstorms hit and we got soaked within 5 minutes. Have to try in the morning without the dog

Comment

A dog may find it in the morning even with the rain. My dog found a deer for Bisch after it rained all night long and it went about 400 yards. I think it's a dead deer.

Comment

Arrow in Buck No Blood HELP

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything but I don't see how any vitals were hit.
                      If someone called me about tracking this deer I would probably turn it down, especially with no blood trail to start on. Might have a shot at catching him if the arrow stays lodged in there...and he's a mature deer that will stand his ground and fight the dog. I hope I'm wrong and he's recovered quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything but I don't see how any vitals were hit.
                        If someone called me about tracking this deer I would probably turn it down, especially with no blood trail to start on. Might have a shot at catching him if the arrow stays lodged in there...and he's a mature deer that will stand his ground and fight the dog. I hope I'm wrong and he's recovered quickly.

I'm saving this. Thanks

And good luck OP. According to this pic it doesn't look to promising but hopefully it hit a rib and changed the direction...clipping a lung. Good luck

Comment

if the camera was very neat the shooter like sitting beside him I see it like Sika does and the pic does a lot more to point out what I tried to say in the earlier post. Depending on camera angle I think the bolt went in on an angle between C and D on the Sika's pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            Placement too forward and a bit high. At that angle the entry should be at the back of the ribcage.
                            My thoughts too. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              I don't see that as fatal. Hope I'm wrong.
                              Agreed. Unfortunately

Comment

IMO it's too far forward. Arrow needed to enter back of rib cage at that angle. But things happen. So give the recovery your best effort!! Just seemed like the shot was rushed to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X