Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did “skimmed” become part of the hunting nomenclature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know but I sure wish it would replace the saying- man I smoked him....

Comment

Lmao! I never heard it either.

Comment

Culled skimmed harvested smoked.. man, *** ever..

I killed that animal with an arrow/bullet and I plan on cutting its guts out, cutting the skin off, removing the flesh from the bones, and eating it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

All this slang talk is too much to keep up with. My daughter who is in Jr high came home the other day and told my wife she had some tea, and it was really good tea. I thought she was going to make some for us to have with supper but evidently "tea" is slang for gossip. So the tea was about some girl "ghosting" (ignoring) her boyfriend so that she can dump him for some other boy. I'm sure there were a few other slang terms in there that I missed.

Comment

Ladies ladies........its started out as a joke on the cull thread and took off as a new TBH original. Nothing more...

Chance Love coined the term. Live and laugh a little.

But never use harvest unless you are a metrosexual safe spacer...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Ladies ladies........its started out as a joke on the cull thread and took off as a new TBH original. Nothing more...

Chance Love coined the term. Live and laugh a little.
              Groovy.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                PC at its best . Sad day here.

BS.....not even close

Comment

Here you go ladies... The origin of the word skim. Again....we got into a friendly back and forth and got a little wordy as any TBH thread can go......Chance made a funny suggestion and folks rolled with it as part of the bit. Then the thread got derailed by Super Bio and his sidekick..

Comment

I had a nice big 6 at the feeder this past weekend. I skimmed him!

Comment

I think Bootlegged is the new term to replace skimmed now.

Comment

All in fun boys all in fun. My daughter shot a 6 point this weekend and as I was walking up to it I was laughing internally.... thinking to myself how many names TBH would have for said deers death... Culled? Killed? Skimmed? Harvested? The list goes on...

Comment

It just started as a joke, boys. Don't get too worked up about it. People getting worked up over a word is how "skim" came to be in the first place.

And PC?? Ha! That is something I have never been accused of. Ever. Rest easy my friends...PC is not even in my vernacular.

Comment

You can use Trimmed or Skimmed........lol.......When there is an abundance of deer you have to trim or skim the fat...

Comment

Ah. I checked that thread in the beginning but apparently missed the good part.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                                Apparently, if you use the term 'cull' you're a "Cotulla Cowboy". And if you use the term 'skim' you're a "Sabinal Sally". Don't even ask if you happen to use the term 'harvest'...

You decide which one you want to be.
                                What about "kill"? Its the original.

Comment

Working...
                                X