Elk Hunt Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hunt Recommendations

I have searched and found a couple outfitters you guys have used that seem to be good. But wanted to make a thread based on our pacific s and see if anyone has done this or heck if anyone even offers this type hunt. We want to do rifle or muzzleloader as close to September rut as possible. Leaning toward New Mexico or Colorado but other states not out of the question yet. We have a group of 5 right now. Hoping to find a private ranch outfitter with decent accomadations (nice wall tents are ok) but mainly that can put us on elk. I did this hunt for my ol man a couple years ago and it wasnt a good experience for them. $14K and not a single opportunity at a legal bull with a muzzleloader. Take that back 1 opportunity at a 3x3. He is older but can still walk some and the ranch was just a wide open sage flat so it was tough to close the distance. Anyhow I think the main thing is finding an outfit that can handle 5 hunters at once. Anyone have some good recommendations?

diamond10x would be my choice.

Comment

Hopefully you can find a guy to meet your "pacifics" Puddin.....

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Hopefully you can find a guy to meet your "pacifics" Puddin.....
        Long as there is good food Im good.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7X View Post
          diamond10x would be my choice.
          I cant seem to find anything on google for that?

Comment

I wouldn't rule out Arizona either, been some monsters taken out of there.

Comment

Chew and I went with Arizona Pro Elk hunts.. They said their muzzleloader hunts were where its at.

Comment

You may give Jimmy Horton(www.huntersdomain.com) a call, phone number is on website. They have private land access in NW Colorado and maybe New Mexico. A guy just shot one with his bow a few weeks ago that went close to 400.

Comment

for that money I would try and find an outfitter with private land tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Chew and I went with Arizona Pro Elk hunts.. They said their muzzleloader hunts were where its at.
                    Kieth is who I was referring to on the original post. I wont say much else about that experience other then I was not happy about the report I got back from my Dad after the hunt, muzzloader hunt in the Gila on a private ranch

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                      Kieth is who I was referring to on the original post. I wont say much else about that experience other then I was not happy about the report I got back from my Dad after the hunt, muzzloader hunt in the Gila on a private ranch

Dang. Didn’t know that. We were covered up w elk the entire week we hunted. A muzzleloader hunt would have been relatively easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                        Dang. Didn’t know that. We were covered up w elk the entire week we hunted. A muzzleloader hunt would have been relatively easy.
                        Yea so did I. Just disappointing for sure.

Comment

spur lake ranch?

Comment

Check out Tye Hare on Facebook. I know its facebook, but he kills alot of awesome bulls. Or here.

Looking for a memorable hunt in the beautiful mountains of New Mexico, behind a great pack of hounds? Well now is your chance! K9 Country Outfitters will now begin booking Fall 2016 Black Bear Hunts! Contact for more information!

Comment

Yea so did I. Just disappointing for sure.
                              Bet your dad wished he was with us instead of there-

Comment

Working...
                              X