2nd amendement rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd amendement rights

Having an interesting conversation about gun control with friends. I am a firm believer in the 2nd but would like some help with links referencing the debate and pointing out facts to prove the second. Its been a crazy day, about to crash for the night, Hopefully I will have help shared in the morning. I can stir the pot with
    Thx

Shall not be infringed. That’s really the only argument anyone should need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

pretty simple..."Shall not be infringed"

right not a need

Also other countries with restrictions/bans/etc.....don't have the 2nd amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
        Having an interesting conversation about gun control with friends. I am a firm believer in the 2nd but would like some help with links referencing the debate and pointing out facts to prove the second. Its been a crazy day, about to crash for the night, Hopefully I will have help shared in the morning. I can stir the pot with

Thx

This is a decent start:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A healthy breakfast, being necessary for a productive day, the right of the people to eat a healthy breakfast, shall not be infringed.

Who has the right; the breakfast or the people.

Comment

Just look into the rise in criminal gun violence in australia since their gun ban. One that hits a little closer to home for me, look up Muslim terrorist massacre in India ( grandfather on moms side came from there in the 1940s). Absolutely no one had guns to defend themselves, the police were outfitted with old rifles and were useless and really untrained, and took about 8 hours before the folks given special privilege to train with modern arms showed up. By the end pretty much all of the terrorists targets were eliminated, police were largely dead, etc. Guns are highly regulated there, but end of the day, criminals don't follow the law and gov't won't be there to save the day.

Last edited by Hooverfb; 03-17-2018, 09:23 PM. Reason: Included link.

Comment

This site is very well maintained and kept up to date. Lots and lots of info. Hope it helps. Thanks to you for trying to educate.

http://www.guncite.com

Comment

take them shooting!

most arguments for gun control are based on emotions, not facts. you have an uphill battle. the more we share shooting with young or old people the better off we are.

make sure to refer to ar-15's as "modern sporting rifles"

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                  take them shooting!

most arguments for gun control are based on emotions, not facts. you have an uphill battle. the more we share shooting with young or old people the better off we are.

Yes Sir, very well said.

Comment

Guns prevent about 2-5 million crimes a year.
                    Anyone ignorant enough to think banning guns will lead to a utopia of a crime free existence need not look any further than Chicago, and probanly a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                      take them shooting!

Agreed. I still like to give them facts too, not that "i told you so"s are appreciated usually.. lol

Comment

Look here

As the firearm industry trade association, NSSF leads the way in advocating for the industry and its business and jobs, keeping guns out of the wrong hands, encouraging enjoyment of recreational shooting and hunting and helping people better understand the industry’s lawful products.

and here for great info based on facts. FBI uniform crime reports

Comment

When people say the 2nd amendment was written when people were using muskets and that it shouldn’t apply to Assault Rifles! I always say, ok then the 14th amendment was written when it applied to freed slaves and Native Americans being born here, makes them a citizen. It should not apply to Assault Mexicans here illegally having anchor babies.

Comment

Our right to bear arms transcends the second amendment. The Bill of Rights only enumerates some of our rights, it does not grant them. Our rights were granted by our creator. ( whether that is God, mother earth or whatever, is up to you to decide ). When we were born we inherited theses rights. These rights are infinite, as long as we do not infringe on the rights of others ( murder, stealing etc is an infingement on the rights of another ). Some rights we willingly give up in order to have a working society. ( right to keep all of your money-taxes, electing leaders to create laws regarding trade etc ).

Any forcible restriction or denial of ( punishment, arrest, fines etc ) the rights we dont willingly give up is essentially a theft of your liberty. The preservation of liberty warrants a fight up to and including war, and death.

I encourage everyone to read the writings of our Founders. Read Common Sense and the Rights of Man. It will become real clear what they were thinking. And you will be able to truly understand liberty.

Comment

Those people aren't friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X