Who Owns Their Hunting Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Owns Their Hunting Land

Some of the threads about land ownership have me wondering how many on here have their own place. If you do please post up. Not necessary to say where etc if you don't want to, just if you do. Thanks!

Me and the Wife have a place in San Saba county.

We have 21 acres. It is roughly divided in half by live Creek. I have a couple stands on the backside. Don't really hunt on the front side.

Comment

I own 2 places and live on one of them.

Comment

We own 35 acres in east Texas on the Arkansas border.
        Its small but set up just right .

Comment

Yup. 130 acres in Milam county.

Comment

I bought land prinarily as investment and we all enjoy hunting, riding, shooting, hiking around, habitat improvement projects, photography, camping, etc.

I would not buy land just to hunt on. It doesn't pencil out. You could join a first class south Texas lease for what about 4 months of a land note cost me or take bucket list type hunting trips around the country for what annual payments cost...if hunting is what you are after. If there is a long term strategy or greater goals in mind than hunting then there is a case for owning land

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
              I bought land prinarily as investment and we all enjoy hunting, riding, shooting, hiking around, habitat improvement projects, photography, camping, etc.

I would not buy land just to hunt on. It doesn't pencil out. You could join a first class south Texas lease for what about 4 months of a land note cost me or take bucket list type hunting trips around the country for what annual payments cost...if hunting is what you are after. If there is a long term strategy or greater goals in mind than hunting then there is a case for owning land
              Well stated. We bought 134 Acres in East Texas and have really enjoyed it. However, we have put a lot of money into water, electricity, storage, trailer, gates, dozer work to fix roads and clear some areas. It has been fun but you could put a lot of time, sweat and money into it......maybe a little bit of blood and tears too...

Comment

38 acres in Concan

Comment

Archer county

Comment

Live on 114 acres (50 acres huntable) and closing on an additional 85 acres next to it here in the next couple weeks.

The land purchase is more of an investment and hand me down for my kids. We will mainly hunt it and eventually build a house.

Comment

Burnet Co. We live on it but have a blast hunting it as well. Nothing like owning your own little piece of land.

Comment

Wood/Hopkins county

Comment

Frio County Texas and Otero/Chaves County New Mexico

Comment

75 acres in Harrison Co. I live on. Bought and harvested timber on this place in 1984 and leased it several years. It came up for sale and I ground it out with double payments as I was living at Uncertain. Wife moaned about paying for a hunting lease till I moved her out here, sold 13 acres for compression station that hasn't been installed in 4 years, thinned timber,sold a portion across the road, and built her a new house. Originally 124 acres that has paid for itself 4 times over. Bought in 1996

Comment

220 acres in between Crockett and Palestine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X