No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my hunting buddy's son wanted to get into fly fishing. I had a rod, reel and line that I got cheap a while back so gave that to him. His Dad took him to buy some flies and took him fishing. He didn't catch any thing so he decided the flies weren't any good and needed to tie his own. He came over and he learned to tie a Wooly Bugger, Clouser and a Siepert Minnow. His Dad took him to the South San Gabriel a couple days ago and he caught his first fish on the fly. A pretty good fish for his first and caught it on the Siepert Minnow.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
      One of my hunting buddy's son wanted to get into fly fishing. I had a rod, reel and line that I got cheap a while back so gave that to him. His Dad took him to buy some flies and took him fishing. He didn't catch any thing so he decided the flies weren't any good and needed to tie his own. He came over and he learned to tie a Wooly Bugger, Clouser and a Siepert Minnow. His Dad took him to the South San Gabriel a couple days ago and he caught his first fish on the fly. A pretty good fish for his first and caught it on the Siepert Minnow.
      Look at that smile! The lad is hooked as well as the bass.

Comment

^Classic, and congrats to the young man.
        Draco, you may have just given him a direction for life. Hope he keeps it.

Comment

Had a great day floating the San Juan but no pictures. Our guide was anxious to get the fish back in the water, and my buddy is not a picture taker. The two of us boated probably 15 each and lost that many or more.

Hopefully, I can get some pics tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post

Get that man a vest to put his equipment in!

Comment

Wyoming bound next week! Hopefully find some Goldens in the Wind River range.

Comment

Love t, guided for an Orvis outfit for 4 years, everywhere from the Appalachians to the Rockies

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Had a great day floating the San Juan but no pictures. Our guide was anxious to get the fish back in the water, and my buddy is not a picture taker. The two of us boated probably 15 each and lost that many or more.

Hopefully, I can get some pics tomorrow!
                  So.... it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    So.... it didn't happen.
                    Well, by TBH rules, it did not!

Here’s a few pics taken while we were eating our lunch, but these fish were only interested in eating potato chips...would not touch a fly!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D627FDD0-C4BF-4327-9DD2-5E342406D5ED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	24546141

Name:	21550422-911C-47E2-A06D-9FF6AED4E9BD.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	24546142

Comment

A few pics from last week on the Salt and Snake Rivers in Wyoming... Cutthroats, Browns, and Whitefish on foam bugs and nymphs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

I will be doing a seminar on fly fishing for bigger bass at the Hill Country Fly Fishers in Fredricksburg this Thursday. If any one is in the area then stop on by, it will be fun.

Comment

We had another great day on the San Juan. Caught a bunch of fish.

Name:	26B748CC-2874-43D6-B42B-366F4172E47E.jpg
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	24546186

Name:	044C2E5F-4358-4F6B-A111-214B9E1E3FCC.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24546187

Comment

Well, by TBH rules, it did not!

Here’s a few pics taken while we were eating our lunch, but these fish were only interested in eating potato chips...would not touch a fly!

[ATTACH]915127[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]915128[/ATTACH]

Match the hatch

Comment

We had another great day on the San Juan. Caught a bunch of fish.

[ATTACH]915215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]915216[/ATTACH]

Pretty fish!![emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X