TPWD draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD draw hunts

Looks like the hunts are now officially open. Does anyone know if the bighorn hunt is available this year? The online application doesn’t list it as an option.

It says available Sept. 1

Comment

Hmmm....I see that now. The hunt catalog is available and the application opens up and you can input information. Not sure what’s going on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TPWD
        The number of Desert Bighorn Sheep Permits issued each year are determined during Aerial Surveys conducted in August to estimate herd population and composition. Check the Public Hunt Draw System during the month of September to see if permits are available for the Guided Bighorn Sheep Hunt Category.
        Check back in September.

Comment

I made my donations (I mean I paid my application fees)

One of these days I might get drawn.......

Comment

Can anyone tell me how to add a supervisory adult to the application i am trying to submit for my son?
            I fill out the app, press add to cart and it pops up, a supervisory adult needs to be added to this application, i then add myself and it pops up, only one applicant for this hunt.
            This is my first time trying this for my son and i can see why people think this process sucks

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Can anyone tell me how to add a supervisory adult to the application i am trying to submit for my son?
              I fill out the app, press add to cart and it pops up, a supervisory adult needs to be added to this application, i then add myself and it pops up, only one applicant for this hunt.
              This is my first time trying this for my son and i can see why people think this process sucks
              If I remember correctly you add yourself (the adult) as the primary applicant then add your kid as an additional hunter. At least that’s how I think we did it last year when my nephew applied.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                If I remember correctly you add yourself (the adult) as the primary applicant then add your kid as an additional hunter. At least that’s how I think we did it last year when my nephew applied.
                This is what I've done in the past

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                  Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  This is what I've done in the past
                  Thanks guys, I'll give that a try

Comment

Ok, so apparently the unit i was trying to apply for has some sort of different criteria.
                    I tried what you guys said on other units and it worked.

Thank y'all
                    Last edited by flywise; 07-03-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I noticed that the hunt statistics from last season aren't posted. Come of the success rates on some of the hunts are missing also. Maybe they didn't have them all yet?

Comment

They really scaled back the hunts at Guadalupe State Park....that's a stinker. I got a lot of points there and but not enough to go out and buy a muzzle loader.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                          They really scaled back the hunts at Guadalupe State Park....that's a stinker. I got a lot of points there and but not enough to go out and buy a muzzle loader.
                          Your points are connected to any particular hunt location. They are connected to the hunt category you applied in (Gun Deer, Archery Deer, etc....).

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            Your points are connected to any particular hunt location. They are connected to the hunt category you applied in (Gun Deer, Archery Deer, etc....).
                            Correct. I failed to mention, those are the only places I apply to under that category cause I don't have to leave town and sleep in my own bed.

Comment

Working...
                            X