Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Pastors talk about their travel struggles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Duplantis cat is asking for $54 million from his followers to buy a jet.

Spin it how you want but these dudes are going about it the wrong way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      If I give money as a donation or tithe to my Church I don't believe taxes should be taken out of it and given to the Government. Now if he chooses to buy a jet or mansion that's a different story I suppose. Said Mansion shouldn't be tax free

Fletch Lives movie clips: http://j.mp/15w2RZ0BUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/unptekDon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP DESCRIPTION:F...

Comment

Jesse Duplantis has been a con artist his entire life. Long before he started preaching.

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
          The Duplantis cat is asking for $54 million from his followers to buy a jet.

Spin it how you want but these dudes are going about it the wrong way.

Well at least he's being up front about it. I can respect that. If those people want to buy him a jet then good for him.

Comment

Well at least he's being up front about it. I can respect that. If those people want to buy him a jet then good for him.
            He is a shyster...fleecing for an ill gotten motive. “Good for him” would only apply if he repented and followed Jesus in a manner that lines up with Scripture

Comment

Man...Fletch was an awesome flick!

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                He is a shyster...fleecing for an ill gotten motive. “Good for him” would only apply if he repented and followed Jesus in a manner that lines up with Scripture
                You may be right. I don't know. It seems to me that so many people on here can see him for who he is, then so should those who give him money. Maybe what good he does for them is worth every penny they give him. You are obviously not in his congregation. Neither am I, and that's why it doesn't bother me. If what he's doing is so bad his followers will address it.
                Last edited by AntlerCollector; 05-30-2018, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Well James Harden was dang sure posing as a three point shooter last game I watched. That was false!

LOL!!! Almost spit my drink out!!

Comment

You may be right. I don't know. It seems to me that so many people on here can see him for who he is, then so should those who give him money. Maybe what good he does for them is worth every penny they give him. You are obviously not in his congregation. Neither am I, and that's why it doesn't bother me. If what he's doing is so bad his followers will address it.

You lose all validity of your point when you compare professional athletes/Hollywood vs these religious con artists as a comparison to actual reality. I laughed as a fan though.

Do your self a favor and look into Hardin's philanthropic efforts. He doesn't beat a drum about it but he gives back without asking his fans to chip in to help.

Comment

I am always surprised how many people can’t see people like Jesse Duplantis for the cheesy charlatan he is. As far as “bringing people to Jesus” I am skeptical as to how much of that happens, at least in the traditional sense. I have little sympathy for those who buy into the theology that if you do this, this and this, God owes you material prosperity. ( coincidentally , one of those things is sending him money) They send him money for the same reason they buy lottery tickets - “hey, what if it works? It’s wrapped in emotion and religious fervor but it is just another way to try to obtain riches without working for it. That’s a story as old as humankind.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                        You lose all validity of your point when you compare professional athletes/Hollywood vs these religious con artists as a comparison to actual reality. I laughed as a fan though.

Do your self a favor and look into Hardin's philanthropic efforts. He doesn't beat a drum about it but he gives back without asking his fans to chip in to help.

You're way overstated my concern for validity in this lol.
                        I really don't care one way or the other. You call then con artists, and that's your opinion. Others obviously get something positive from these preachers or they wouldn't be able to do what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                          Duplantis lives down the street from my in laws in Destrehan, LA. Such a crook!

Hey get off my levee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Hey get off my levee!!!

I see you know where this crook lives!

My in laws live on Rosedown St. on the golf course in town. We go to church down the street from Duplantis’ house and it ****** me off every time we drive by it!

Comment

Supposedly my great grandmother left a hefty portion of her money to some televangelist when she died. Woulda been a bunch of money.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                I see you know where this crook lives!

My in laws live on Rosedown St. on the golf course in town. We go to church down the street from Duplantis’ house and it ****** me off every time we drive by it!

I know it well, parents live across the river from there! Does not bother me at all actually, but we had Jimmy Swaggert before him. Anybody falling for this non sense after the Jimmy years has got to be a...………………..well...……………...great Christian!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X