TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought all week is bike to work week

Working from home right now so it’s an easy ride!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      I thought all week is bike to work week
      Working from home right now so it’s an easy ride!
      All week?
      Let's not get carried away with this bad idea.
      But you're correct.

Austin has 40 participating fueling stations for tomorrow.
      Free breakfast, free coffee, free bike repairs.
      Just have to get my outta shape self on the bike.

My commute is 26 miles.

Comment

My ride got a whole new gearing setup and shiny new XLS 116L chain..
        36t up front, 11 speed 11-46t in the rear.

The first ride stung a bit!

Comment

I can't find tbh on strava. what is it listed as? I've tried several combinations

Comment

Made it to work.
            Feel good.
            I need to ride more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S-works.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	24539610

Comment

Originally posted by DFA View Post
              I can't find tbh on strava. what is it listed as? I've tried several combinations
              The link on post #29, should path you to it.

Comment

Any thoughts on the Motobecane's from Bike's Direct? I'm really wanting to get into cycling but even the entry level road bikes from major manufacturer's are $700+. Was hoping not to commit that much cash as I'm new to cycling. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                  Any thoughts on the Motobecane's from Bike's Direct? I'm really wanting to get into cycling but even the entry level road bikes from major manufacturer's are $700+. Was hoping not to commit that much cash as I'm new to cycling. Thanks!
                  I would considered a used bike. For $700 or less you will be able to find a good one that sold for $1,000+ just a few years ago. There are usually a lot of them on craigslist.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    I would considered a used bike. For $700 or less you will be able to find a good one that sold for $1,000+ just a few years ago. There are usually a lot of them on craigslist.
                    I'll keep an eye out. Any recommendations on specific brands or models? Anything to stay away from? Ran my first half marathon back in March and am really wanting to try a triathlon. Decent road bike is all I'm looking for though, nothing tri specific. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                      National Bike to Work Day, May 18, 2018.

That is this Friday.
                      Dust off your machine and check the tires.
                      Be safe and let's go.

[ATTACH]908314[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks Clark, I guess I missed that. I'm Brett Hudgins on there. I mostly do mountain bike DORBA trails, and am down to ride in the DFW area pretty much anyday if anyone is interested.

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with them. My buddy had one and put over 3k miles on his in 2 years and did 5 or 6 Olympic triathlons and a 70.3 with zero issue. He upgraded this year. Always said it was good for the money, it’s not going to be as smooth as a $2k bike but it doesn’t cost near that either.

Check out the Fuji sport of series also.

Go down and talk to the folks at PlayTri, it’s the best multi sport store in dfw

Comment

Glad to hear it. Thanks!
                          Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          Absolutely nothing wrong with them. My buddy had one and put over 3k miles on his in 2 years and did 5 or 6 Olympic triathlons and a 70.3 with zero issue. He upgraded this year. Always said it was good for the money, it’s not going to be as smooth as a $2k bike but it doesn’t cost near that either.

Check out the Fuji sport of series also.

Go down and talk to the folks at PlayTri, it’s the best multi sport store in dfw
                          Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Having trouble finding time to ride.

I’m at the barbershop now and am watching the weather. Hope I can ride after the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                For used bikes just remember if you buy from CL is around $100 for a tune up which I would make sure to do. Most bike shops have used bikes that have already been checked over and their prices aren’t necessarily firm.i know PlayTri, Bicycles Inc, Richardson Bike Shop have em, more good shops will have used bikes that people traded in

Comment

Working...
                                X