X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mague's in Boerne.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
      Did you just say white sauce.... amazing, good mexican and Virginia?

Thats crazy talk.
      Wouldnt believe it unless I tried it. I dont expect others to think Im sane. That white dip/sauce whatever you want to call it was out of this world. Drove way out of the way the 2nd trip to eat there. The food was great.

Comment

Best Mexican food in Texas?

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        Garcia's cheese enchiladas with chile con carne and onions ain't no joke yo. Herbert's salsa is waaaaay better. Mexican and BBQ little ol San marcos can more than hold it's own with the big boys.

I'm surprised I haven't run into you yet at Garcia's!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't usually look like BoBs face with Shawn Whites hair. LOL.

The original near Cheatham Street is a weekly lunch spot. One time there, next time Herbert's.

Comment

Garcia's in San Antonio. Cheese enchiladas w/ chile con carne and onions and then throw in a brisket taco with gauc on the side. Nothin tops it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bkag09 View Post
              Garcia's in San Antonio. Cheese enchiladas w/ chile con carne and onions and then throw in a brisket taco with gauc on the side. Nothin tops it.
              Now that is my kinda plate.

Last night in Laredo. Tacos La Carreta.

Click image for larger version

Name:	aataco.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	24490545

Comment

I remember the old El Pato near downtown Mc Allen in an old gas station. Good flour tortilla tacos. Now they are basic fast food.
                El Pato was bought by the Van Burkleo family, and you're right, it isn't like it was before. Mrs. G is still on Pecan and they're good. My point was that El Pato is still better than a lot I've had in the Metromess.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
                  El Pato was bought by the Van Burkleo family, and you're right, it isn't like it was before. Mrs. G is still on Pecan and they're good. My point was that El Pato is still better than a lot I've had in the Metromess.
                  Cool.

There wasn't a lot of traditional Mexican, breakfast tacos or taqueria's before I left Dallas 15 years ago. I am sure there is now with the influx of "immigrants".

For big festive Tex Mex try Blue Goose on Lower Greenville and Desperados on upper Greenville. Herrera's and Ojedas usd to be good. No clue about Irving.

Fajitas at On the Border and Pappasito's are mesquite grilled and good.

Comment

im sure theres good mex eating all around texas. but id rather make my own at home. cabrito guisado, entomatadas, enchiladas, caldo de res, takitos de fajita and costillas de pecho, etc...

Comment

I don't usually look like BoBs face with Shawn Whites hair. LOL.

The original near Cheatham Street is a weekly lunch spot. One time there, next time Herbert's.

I know you don't quite look like carrot top/Shaun White, but I still haven't seen a goofy looking metalhead at Garcia's yet, unless my brother is in town.

My husband and I got to the original, but more often than not, the new location for dinner because it's closer to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aac_shooter View Post
                        Mague's in Boerne.
                        This one was excellent when it first opened in the early 90's. The old Garcia's in Dilley in town was excellent also years ago. Trine's Tacos in La Pryor has the best taquitos in South Texas at one time. Do not know if those two places still are open though been 17+ years since I have eaten at them.

Comment

Cool.

There wasn't a lot of traditional Mexican, breakfast tacos or taqueria's before I left Dallas 15 years ago. I am sure there is now with the influx of "immigrants".

For big festive Tex Mex try Blue Goose on Lower Greenville and Desperados on upper Greenville. Herrera's and Ojedas usd to be good. No clue about Irving.

Fajitas at On the Border and Pappasito's are mesquite grilled and good.
                          Gracias, seƱor. Will have to check them out!

Comment

Working...
                          X