Boresight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boresight

What is a good boresight? I have a .22 and a .270 with new glass on them and I need to at least get em on paper if not better.

Thanks

Cheap laser off amazon that goes in end of barrelwith then screw in rubber inserts.

Comment

pull bolt out point towards target at 50 yards. look through barrel put target in middle of the barrel and adjust scope to zero

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
        Cheap laser off amazon that goes in end of barrelwith then screw in rubber inserts.
        I have one of these and it gets it close and then just have to make a few changes. Normally can get to zero within 3-4 shots.

Comment

Go buy you a gun vise, I have a cheapy works great on bolt guns and AR's, plus a vise has many other uses. Tape a 2" X 2" piece of paper 40-50 yds out, put the gun in the vise remove the bolt look through the bore adjust the reticle left/right, up/down as needed to be centered on the piece of paper, gets me closer to being on target than when I had borrowed my buddys boresight. As for the .22 if its not a bolt just go shoot it at 25 yds, .22's are cheap and you'll have a little fun!

Comment

Last edited by Deer716; 01-16-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
              pull bolt out point towards target at 50 yards. look through barrel put target in middle of the barrel and adjust scope to zero
              This is what I do but 1st shot is at 25 yards. Never felt a need to buy a fancy gizmo when I could just do this.
              Last edited by Wayspr; 01-16-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                  This is what I do but 1st shot is at 25 yards. Never felt a need to buy a fancy gizmo when I could just do this.
                  I do the 25yd as well.

Comment

If you have a gun vise 1 shot is all you need. Get it on paper at 25 yards by looking down the barrel. After you shoot it once, put the crosshairs where the bullet hit. Carefully adjust the scope back to the center X and you are done.

Comment

This ^^^^^^

Usually take a quick shot at 25 or 50 yards to ensure hitting paper. Make appropriate adjustments but remember if shooting at 50 yards you have to make twice the amount of adjustment and if 25 yards 4x's the amount of adjustment. Then fine tune at 100.

Comment

Another here who pulls bolt and looks down barrel.

Comment

I won't ever stick anything into the muzzle of my guns for fear of messing up the crown...I use a Leupold magnetic sighter, but still like to peek at the target with bolt guns for grins.

Rarely am I off & a life saver for bolts / autos for hitting paper @ 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            I won't ever stick anything into the muzzle of my guns for fear of messing up the crown...I use a Leupold magnetic sighter, but still like to peek at the target with bolt guns for grins.

Rarely am I off & a life saver for bolts / autos for hitting paper @ 100.
                            Gun shop here in town mounted/bore sighted my scope with that Leupold magnetic sighter. 2 shots touching 1” high at 100yards, no extra shots needed. Made me a believer.

Comment

This ^^^ but can be done at 100-200 too.

Comment

Working...
                              X