Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    Check out “ The Dawn Wall” on Netflix
    I watched this one the other day. Pretty cool show.

Comment

Just finished. Great film.

Comment

I only watched the preview and about had a stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m scared to watch it y’all. But it looks like a good one. I just don’t know if my nerves can take it

Comment

That ain't crap.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, just watched that is wild, no idea how people can do that and stay so calm and not get anxious. Made me close my eyes a few times.

Comment

I watched it. Some have called that the Greatest athletic achievement of all time. Hard to argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                  Wow, just watched that is wild, no idea how people can do that and stay so calm and not get anxious. Made me close my eyes a few times.
                  Currently watching it. Interesting guy. His emotionally abusive childhood is, IMO, what’s led to his ability to essentially step outside/disconnect from his feelings, including fear.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                    I watched it. Some have called that the Greatest athletic achievement of all time. Hard to argue with that.

My wife and I just finished it. Theres not an athletic feat out there that can remotely touch this accomplishment.

I know zero about rock climbing, but go to your nearest doorway and slap your finger tips on top of the trim. Now climb 3200' vertically knowing thats about the most you'll have to hold onto all the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      My wife and I just finished it. Theres not an athletic feat out there that can remotely touch this accomplishment.

I know zero about rock climbing, but go to your nearest doorway and slap your finger tips on top of the trim. Now climb 3200' vertically knowing thats about the most you'll have to hold onto all the way up.
                      Yep! Hell the fingertip pull ups in the van is impressive by itself.

Comment

I climbed a bit in college and have been following him for awhile.

Part of me has hoped he'll go to ropes before he dies but on the other hand to him being unable to free climb might as well be death.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                          I climbed a bit in college and have been following him for awhile.

Part of me has hoped he'll go to ropes before he dies but on the other hand to him being unable to free climb might as well be death.
                          And that is exactly what it's about

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                            Currently watching it. Interesting guy. His emotionally abusive childhood is, IMO, what’s led to his ability to essentially step outside/disconnect from his feelings, including fear.

I don't believe this is a factor. When they showed the brain scan comparison of normal brain activity when people witness fear/danger the normal brain looked like a neon sigh in the sections of the brain where fear registers.

His scan showed nothing. Black as a chalkboard. That dude is wired differently.

His van would make for a great lease sleeper.

Comment

I watched it 3 times so far, once in the movie theater, and 2 at home. Camera work is phenomenal.

Also, watch Meru on Netflix, where Jimmy Chin (the lead cameraman on Free Solo) climbs a giant rock wall in the middle of winter, and survives. Different cats for sure, and I can all but marvel at what a human is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                I don't believe this is a factor. When they showed the brain scan comparison of normal brain activity when people witness fear/danger the normal brain looked like a neon sigh in the sections of the brain where fear registers.

His scan showed nothing. Black as a chalkboard. That dude is wired differently.

His van would make for a great lease sleeper.
                                Your experiences shape how your brain functions. Especially at a young age.

For instance, my mom died of cancer and I knew it was going to happen. So my brain developed the ability to protect itself against that impending trauma. But I am left a very unemotional person now. The switch doesn't just turn back on after it gets turned off. Not the same thing but just an example.

Great film. I loved it. I will watch it again.

Comment

Working...
                                X