Lease Question - Honest Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
    you should hunt east texas for $750 for free reign all year lol.
    bahahaha

Comment

what you're paying for a seasonal lease is almost half of my land payment

Comment

4K and restriction on what days you can hunt! If it were me, I'm out of there

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
          Okay so here's the deal. I've been on a hill country lease going on 6 years now, been decent hunting but I'm at a crossroads with what to do. Here are the details.

$4k including feed, 3200 acres, 16 guys. 1 trophy buck (average 130s), spike, does, turkey and hogs. Lease is seasonal ... can only go in off season to feed. No exotics, no bow hunting, no duck or dove hunting, can only hunt Friday, Saturday and Sunday. No driving around midday to check cameras. No exceptions.

So here's my dilemma. Within the past 2 years I've gotten big into thermal hunting hogs and coyotes. We have 2 stands with 500yds of camp that are community stands and dedicated pig hunting stands. I was able to hunt hogs at night at either stand with no issues... now this year, 1 week before the season started the lease manager (not landowner) forged a new "no night hunting" rule. Said it was putting too much pressure on the deer. We hunt 5 square miles.

Well this gave me some serious heartburn since I honestly enjoy hog hunting at night just as much as I do sitting in a deer stand looking at a feeder.

I'm about to call it quits and move on, have gotten into it a few times with the lease manager about the rule and reasoning being BS, but what do yall think? Am I overreacting? Just feels like there are more rules than things to do and it has taken a lot the fun out of being on a lease.
          If Im paying 4k, Im gonna do what I want. Son, you could have your own property for 4k a year.

Comment

For all you guys saying you can easily find a nice quality lease for that price point me in that direction! Lol got a good solid group of guys ready with some cash in hand!

But to answer your question op I would be off in a heartbeat way to many guns for the amount of land and i dont like last minute rules.

Comment

It sounds like you made decision and trying to justify getting off the place?

When it stops being fun, I am out!

Comment

That place sounds terrible….never would have even thought twice about getting on it.

Like mentioned above, I'm only off two weekends a month and one of those is getting off on a Friday morning at that.

It would be interesting to know what goes on Monday-Thursday

Comment

Get another place invite Relatives and friends to yours

Comment

Move on, lease managers seem to be a whole lot like the HOA folks

Comment

The only of those rules I would sit still for is no night hunting during deer season - of course that's essentially an outright ban since you can't hunt at all in the off season, right? I know it's fairly common for deer leases to be "season only" but that would not work for me. I have to be able to go to the woods for a day or two whenever I get the itch. Not being able to hunt during the week would be a deal killer as well. For $4,000 I have no doubt you could a place with good deer hunting but much less restrictive rules.

Comment

Don’t like the rules? Ask to change or move along. Sounds like you’ve already tried to get them changed so move along.

I’d be interested in a hill country lease with night hunting if you decide to lease something.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          It sounds like you made decision and trying to justify getting off the place?

When it stops being fun, I am out!
                          Sort of. I've pretty much made my decision but was more interested in getting a few unbiased opinions to see if I was being irrational or not in my argument.

Comment

You could find a decent deer really nice hog lease a lot cheaper than that year round.

Comment

Too many checks in the negative column for me. Not a place I’d be interested in. But only you can make that call.

Comment

Get your stuff and go. As others have stated, your paying good money for little enjoyment. Start looking now. There is a place out there for you. We let our place go this year. The landowner and us didn’t see eye to eye. We only could hunt general season. He tried to keep us off when it was raining. Finally he doubled the price. Yeah, he forced us out, it was time to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X