Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^^^that sucks^^^^^^

Comment

I'm out at pecan, me and my girlfriend passed up two guys on bikes, they said the heli flew over and buzzed by but no shots were on pecan side. He said that the heli shot alot on lake side. I put some corn out and gonna wait it out. Hopefully we see something.

Comment

I'm on the way. Couldnt resist the fun.

Comment

MAn! that sucks!
          I dont know why it bothers me so much but **** it really gets under my skin. I mean our state is facing a huge deficit this year, we're talking about closing schools in Austin, and yet they can afford to pay these guys to come in and just fly around shooting hogs!? Especially when they are not even going to harvest the meat for the community.
          Heres an idea, why not open them hunting hours (or halfs) up for archery? why not give us a better chance at thining them out. If the local farmers are having such a problem maybe they should be open to the idea of us hunting thier land rather than waisting our tax dollars, our food, and our CONSTRUCTIVE quality time with our kids!
          Surely this could be brought to someones attention. Im sure we could get a pretty lengthy petition going on here.
          They are doing the same thing in Balcones, yet they no longer allow archery hunts there for the hogs....why not!? when I asked they lady at the Balcones station she wasnt even really sure why it wasn't allowed.
          This is our State, These are our parks/reserves, These are our tax dollars & permit fees, talk about transparency ...who owns they company that is contracted for the hunts? what ties do they have to who? I personally feel that these issues should be pushed until someone with decisive authority has answers or makes a change.

Sorry for the rant....Sh*ts just annoying

Comment

Just got back to the house. Didn't end up seeing much you could tell the heli had been through. I found 3 diff groups of piglets prob 4 to 10 in each group all by themselves no mama around anywhere. I guess the heli got her or split them up. Anybody hear of a final kill count from the shoot?

Comment

Johnny called and said the kill count was 137. Red and He who never misses were out there and claim the picked up a dozen or so. I'm guessing you could get some backstrap in the morning.

Comment

Pathetic. I agree with paintman and hopper. Sounds like they really nailed them in the area(s) I frequent, so I may not be huntin' much out there anymore ...and as far as picking up their roadkill stew fixin's - heck no.That would be indicating some sort of support for what they're doin'. They can keep their waste and rotten meat, I won't have any of it. So they can ease their dirty consciences and try to put an honorable face on what they di if somebody scavages the carrion along with the buzzards and coyotes??? Save that proposal thank you very much. It would be great to get my $48 for the APH refunded, but I know THAT won't happen. At least it's usable in other areas, so it's not a total waste of $$$. Was going to go this Sunday, but not now. Going South from S.A. towards the coast for my huntin for awhile. How did y'all like the sounds of the groups of piglets sans moma that huntnfishtex spotted??? How do ya think the tree huggin folks in Austin would react? That's ONE thing I believe that I would agree with them on...killin' baby's or the mommas of ANY animal with young in tow has long been a true sportman's taboo. Real men just don't do that kind of dirt ...sure as heck don't wanna deal with the stink and disease spreading of a bunch of rotting corpses after it warms up a few days down the road...oh, yeah they really did the community a real favor there didn't they ....I'm with hopper on this one..I am SO p.o.'ed...gonna be poutin' for some time over it I do believe...

Comment

where did they shoot most of them at?

Comment

I'm not sure. I thought I heard taylor park.

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                    where did they shoot most of them at?

Comment

[NowQUOTE=Mister Bubba's bulletman;3424732]I'm not sure. I thought I heard taylor park.[/QUOTE]

Now that makes sence.I've been hunting #6 for a few weeks now and ran a few into the river and that would be over near taylor park

Comment

Dang that sucks... Already been a tough huntin year and now the big kill! It may be a long (hungry)3 day hunt come xtreme weekend! Ill have to get out this week and see whats goin on with them.

Comment

Was out at pecan and ran into Team me as I saw 4 pigs cross the spillway. Me and my girlfriend tried to sneak up on them with no luck. Got a read on them so well head back out tomorrow and try to stick one.

Comment

Here's a map I made this evening that shows stars marking places we've harvested hogs, chased hogs, or seen hogs or serious hog sign.

Harvest would be the smallest number of stars. Darn.

My deer map would look about the same.

Some of you guys know these areas as well as or better than I do and when you look at the stars you'll know what's there and where the hogs are.

For those who are newbies please pick an area and knock your self out.

Some units are generally better than others to me but they all have plenty of hogs. Each change throughout the seasons and are affected by fluctuation in lake level, rain, drought, hunter disruption, pressure, harvest, and cattle.

Understand it's highly likely you'll hunt Granger for a long time and never get a hog. Granger will definitely humble you and make you a more skilled hunter if you stay with it.

Try to play the wind and use your nose every time you go out.

Don't sweat the choppers. Hunters, yotes, disease, and old age get many times that each year and those don't make a dent in the Granger population.

Get out there and get one before the poison ivy greens up!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Bubba's bulletman View Post
                              Understand it's highly likely you'll hunt Granger for a long time and never get a hog. Granger will definitely humble you and make you a more skilled hunter if you stay with it.
                              I don't know about anyone else, but I personally, don't mind heading to the woods, and not getting anything. Yes it is nice have something to show for your time in the woods, but I have always just like hunting, just to be in the woods..

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                                I don't know about anyone else, but I personally, don't mind heading to the woods, and not getting anything. Yes it is nice have something to show for your time in the woods, but I have always just like hunting, just to be in the woods..
                                Yes! Exactly!

My map represents thousands of hours of hard hunting by several hunters over a period of 20 years or so at Granger.

And I can say that though it's tough hunting now as I get older and slower it's still a lot of fun.

For $48 bucks a year, Granger WMA is the only place I know of in Central Texas that anybody can go out and have a good chance of shooting a hog TODAY if they have developed the necessary skills and apply them in a challenging environment.

How could someone who calls themselves a hunter and not enjoy finding an active hog trail or a sows nest and setting up an ambush?

I love it! I don't care if I actually get one but man it's great to be out there doing it.

If we're crazy let us know but I love it.

Comment

Working...
                                X