Target recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Target recomendations

Any recommendations on targets? I would like to buy from Gander Mtn. or Bass Pro since they are relatively close. I want something that I could use both field tips and broadheads. Thanks.

Originally posted by 152 Sumo View Post
    Any recommendations on targets? I would like to buy from Gander Mtn. or Bass Pro since they are relatively close. I want something that I could use both field tips and broadheads. Thanks.
    They don't mix well... in most targets... I use a Rinehart 18-1 it works pretty well.

Comment

Try the new BONE COLECTOR target! It looks good!!

Comment

IMO your best bet is to get several that you can shoot either into. That way you are not blasting one target with either F/'s or B/H's. If not, just buy one good one and fire away.

I myself have 7 targets set up here at the house I use.

Comment

Rheinhart 18-1

Comment

I have a block.

It take field points and broadheads. I got mine at BPS.

If you want a 3D target, then I think you might have a hard time finding one that takes broadheads well.

Comment

I have three bag targets that I shoot most. Easy arrow pulling. I have 3 3-D animals and a foam target that I shoot broadheads into when I need to make sure my hunting arrows are flying well and hitting where I want them.

Comment

They all only last so long. I wouls say to get a good block target. When it wears out, get another.

Bisch

Comment

I like any cheap bag target for field points and the Yellow Jacket for broadheads. I also have a Block and a little bitty baby Block that's good for taking on the road. It's only about 12"x12"x12".

Comment

I shoot into 4 different targets. A yellow jacket bag, the block, and 2 stacked styrofoam targets.

The bag is easiest to release, and the no names have had there guts blown out.

The block has held up great.

Comment

Bag for field tips and the yellow jacket for broadheads.

Comment

I had this one, and I really like it, until I got lazy and did not bring it inside and left it out for along time, at that point it was pretty nasty, so I just threw it away.

The one that I have currently is http://www.bulldogtargets.com/ the doghouse fp. It is field points only, but that is what I was looking for anyways. A little more expensive, but with the lifetime warranty (and it was a Christmas present from the out-laws) I figured I could not go wrong.

If I was going to get a broadhead/field point it would be Rheinhart 18-1, but I wanted something bigger for my traditiona shooting abilities.
                        Last edited by chester12; 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM. Reason: Becuase I can't spell.

Comment

I use the cheap 3-d deer targets from Academy. Just replace the insert when you shoot it out.

Comment

Bag for field tips and 18-1 for BH's.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X