Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Widow vs Sarrels

My dad is looking for a longbow.

He is looking at an older BW LAG or buying an in-stock bow from Bob.

How big will the speed difference be. Or we can compare it to the new BW PL's, but I was told by BW that the LAG is slower than the new PL's.

Originally posted by 01milburnsc View Post
    My dad is looking for a longbow.

He is looking at an older BW LAG or buying an in-stock bow from Bob.

How big will the speed difference be. Or we can compare it to the new BW PL's, but I was told by BW that the LAG is slower than the new PL's.
    Happiness is a Sarrels bow. There IS no comparison.

Comment

amen....

Comment

No brainer for me.. Sarrels all day long . You will probably have money left over and a much nicer bow to look at and shoot.

Comment

Well, I sure do like my Sarrels Superstition LB.
          It's so smooth & forgiving it allows me to concentrate more on the shot and my form.
          And it's plenty fast, faster than my Samick recurve.

Comment

I like Bob too much to coment

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Sarrels

Comment

Well he put a call in to Bob. Waiting to hear back.

He talked to BW and they said the speed diference between a bamboo and the LAG's Birch is less than 10 Fps. I think we're gonna make a trip in the next 2 weeks to see him and buy or place an order.
                Last edited by 01milburnsc; 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Get one of each, and you'll be happy with both.

Comment

I would shoot both as one may feel better than the other...feel is more important than anything on a bow. When I worked in an archery shop many years ago, folks would come up and ask me between two bows which one was better. Sometimes it came down to which one, (in your heart) do you think is better looking...that would be the one to get, because you will have more confindence in it, more confindence means better shooting....don't worry about speed, worry about does it hit where you aim it...Fast doesn't hit the spot...!

Comment

Originally posted by 01milburnsc View Post
                      Well he put a call in to Bob. Waiting to hear back.

He talked to BW and they said the speed diference between a bamboo and the LAG's Birch is less than 10 Fps. I think we're gonna make a trip in the next 2 weeks to see him and buy or place an order.
                      10 fps difference in any form of bow is monumental. Either one is a dog or someone reinvented the wheel..

Comment

I think the blackwidow is faster but all the ones i have shot were not as forgiving as any sarrels i have shot. My dad shoots a sarrels and it is plenty fast and forgiving, i also like the grip on the sarrels better than the widow.

Comment

I've never show a BW, but I absolutely love shooting my Sarrels. Smooth, quiet, no handshock, and the arrows move pretty good too...

Comment

I gave my Dad a Sarrels LB 64" (#45@28") . With his arthiritis it causes him No PAIN, and he is very accurate with it. He walks around the pasture shooting Horse piles. He has called twice since Oct. to thank me again for it. Very smooth and shoots like a dream.

Last edited by huntinpool; 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Who is that on the left there Clem Kadiddlehopper?

Comment

Working...
                              X