Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hunt a property that is 100% wooded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Yes, and I use to drive 200/250 miles a day when I was working, but I got paid for it. I'm retired now, and with the other places I hunt, I have neither the desire nor the time to hand corn twice a week during deer season.
    I wish I was close to my place. Id hunt the heck out of it due to me being backed up to the national forrest.

Comment

Your neighbors don't mind your stands on the fence lines.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
        I didn't ask them, but they don't hunt anyway. None of my stands have windows to the back and all of them are looking into my place. I occasionally shoot deer that come off my neighbor's places, but I feed them, so when they cross my line, they're "my" deer

I have three or four different owners that surround me, and as far as I'm able to tell, only one of them hunts, he's on the SE corner, and I have no stands there. Our normal winds are SE unless a norther is blowing in, so that works out well. I figure as long as I don't shoot over my line, I'm ok, and would respect his right to do the same.

Comment

We have right at 100 acres that is majority wooded as well. What we found is that if you cut a trail, even if it's just a walking trail for you, the deer will start using it. If you have a stand set up, cut some trails leading into that spot. Obviously food source is huge for this. If you feed them, they will come. Do the hogs eat up all of the corn before the deer have a chance to get to it? We have a couple of feeders on our place with pens up to keep the hogs out so the deer have their own spot to not be bothered by them. You mentioned a rifle blind site. This is honestly preference in my opinion. If you want a rifle stand site, cut a spot and make one. If you are mainly focusing on bow hunting, having a big opening won't help that much I feel like unless you plant a food plot. Happy hunting!

Comment

Good information here.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              he wont know for sure until he sees the high fence.

Comment

Working...
              X