Fuzzy mold on garage floor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuzzy mold on garage floor question

i have several spots on my garage floor that seem to grow this fuzzy almost spiderweb mold in the areas where the finished concrete has been chipped or cracked i treated it with concrobium and it comes back so i do not think its mold any help here would be much appreciated,

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
    i have several spots on my garage floor that seem to grow this fuzzy almost spiderweb mold in the areas where the finished concrete has been chipped or cracked i treated it with concrobium and it comes back so i do not think its mold any help here would be much appreciated,
    What color is it?

Comment

Can you post a picture?

Comment

its white i will post a pic this eve,

Comment

Sounds like it is leeching moisture up from below through areas where the finish is gone. Had something similar issue on a job where lime was used to stabilize the soil. Wasn't spider web looking though. Just a white film.

Comment

Curious as well. I am noticing, what sounds like the same thing, where my garage door sits on the floor, but there is no chip or crack on the floor.

Comment

Side note: been in the house for 4-5 years and never noticed it until this year.

Comment

It's caused from moisture it's calcium. There's not much you can do but clean it off. You could send thousands of dollars to stop it but probably not needed

Comment

Originally posted by wloftis View Post
                  Side note: been in the house for 4-5 years and never noticed it until this year.
                  I have the same stuff, kinda looks like frost to me. Studied up on it one time, it's something to do with a BAD concrete job and water under the slab. Don't think anything can be done to stop it. Google it

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can stop it with shot blasting and epoxies

Comment

This sounds like efflorescence, which is caused by water migrating through the concrete and reacting with calcium and minerals in the concrete, leaving a white deposit on the surface. It has nothing to do with a bad concrete job (not saying a bad concrete job wouldn't make it worse) Google effloresence, lots of info out there, feel free to shoot me a pm if you want to chat. Remember that the problem is coming from the inside of the concrete, DO NOT put a topical sealer on it, unless you treat the problem first.

Comment

Pics

[ATTACH]899393[/ATTACH]

Comment

One more

[ATTACH]899394[/ATTACH]

Comment

Yes, efflorescence as RDubya said.

Certified Mold Removal & Testing Company in NJ - We Take Your Health & Air Quality Seriously. Trust Us for Mold, Asbestos, or Lead Testing Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                              What they said

Comment

Working...
                              X