Hydro seeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hydro seeding

Thinking about doing this for backyard lawn. It’s about 12,000 sq feet and gets full sun. Anyone have experiences, knowledge or thoughts on this ? From what I gather, it’s about 1/8!th the cost of laying sod.

We did it this spring with our house. It’s much cheaper and the grass has really come in. It’s June so it might a little late to seed. If it’s Bermuda and you have water on it everyday then that won’t matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bermuda loves the high temp so the seed will be ok IF the seed bed is correct, starter fert applied, PLENTY of water and no heavy traffic on it for several weeks. I just seeded with Arden 15 Bermuda grass seed. Follow The Lawncare Nut & How to with Doc on Youtube. Very informative for warm season grasses.

Comment

It will work as long as you keep it moist. Prepare the seed bed, spray the hydro and water water water. There should be fertilizer in the mix when you have it sprayed. Make sure you haven’t used any preemergant within the last 45 days. You should have germination in 14 days. If you have any questions message me and I send you my number. I spray hydro everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by Short Mag View Post
          It will work as long as you keep it moist. Prepare the seed bed, spray the hydro and water water water. There should be fertilizer in the mix when you have it sprayed. Make sure you haven’t used any preemergant within the last 45 days. You should have germination in 14 days. If you have any questions message me and I send you my number. I spray hydro everyday.
          Thanks, might take you up on that

Comment

I had a customer who did st Augustine hydro 3 weeks ago and it's growing nicely.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I had a customer who did st Augustine hydro 3 weeks ago and it's growing nicely.

Gary

I didn’t know that was an option with St Augustine since it’s a vine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Me either. First I'd ever heard of it.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Same...IN for future consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    Same...IN for future consideration.

That’s called hydro sprigging. Throw the sod in the tank, mix well and spray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me either. First I'd ever heard of it.

Gary

Hmmm. I’ve already laid 20 pallets of St Augustine and need at least that much more. Will have to look into this.

Thanks Gary!

Comment

I'll call him and see if I can't get some information. His lake lot is on lake Palo Pinto.

Gary

Comment

I was wrong. It was bermuda. Sorry guys.

Gary

Comment

St Augustine can’t be seeded.

Comment

Gary
                              Seriously?

Edit: just saw your clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X