X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Cordless Power Tool?

Which one is good to have around?
    Dewalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi, ???
    Looking at getting a drill, impact, Sawzall for the time being.
    I have a drill and saw from Harbor Freight, but batteries don't last and the last few times I've been there, can't even find a replacement. I'm not going to be using them all the time, but when I need one, I need to work and the battery to last more than a few minutes.
    What's in your tool box??

Dewalt or Milwaukee all personal preference. If only small household projects I wouldn’t hesitate to save cash and get ryobi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

been using the same milwaukee set i bought 6 ish years ago, hammer drill, impact sawzall, hackzall and just grabbed a 1/2 impact, skill saw with some more batteries for them.

Ryobi however for budget tools are pretty good as well.

Comment

Been using Ryobi at my house for a couple years now. I like them and they work just fine for screwing around at the house. If I was building houses for a living I might want the high end Milwaukee tools but for what I do the green tools work just fine. I have their grinder, jigsaw, circular saw, impact driver, and drill. All work fantastic and looking to pickup a sawzall in the future to wrap up all my tool needs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Bite the bullet and get Milwaukee you will be way ahead in the end.

Comment

Don't overlook ridgid tools from home depot. If you register them you get lifetime warranty that even covers batteries and charger! I beat mine up every day at work.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              Been using Ryobi at my house for a couple years now. I like them and they work just fine for screwing around at the house. If I was building houses for a living I might want the high end Milwaukee tools but for what I do the green tools work just fine. I have their grinder, jigsaw, circular saw, impact driver, and drill. All work fantastic and looking to pickup a sawzall in the future to wrap up all my tool needs.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              This is what I was going to say. It all depends on how often you use them and what you're using them for. My son told me to get DeWalt when I got my Ryobi set. I told him that if my job depended on my power tools, I might do that. I only use them on weekends, so I went with Ryobi. When I find a tool I don't have at a reasonable price (garage sale, pawn shop, etc.), I get it. Ryobi makes hundreds of different tools, and I own several of them in 18v.

Comment

Milwaukee, makita, dewault in that order if using more than 4-5 times a week. Ryobi for anything less. With the lithium batteries. The old batteries are garbage now
                Last edited by Jcjohnson; 05-31-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

The very best bar none is Hilti.

Comment

I did not read through all the replies, but Dewalt has been the best for me by far. On top of that, Home Depot had the 20 volt drill and 2 batteries on sale for $99 last weekend. The batteries alone are $89-$99 by them selves. Heck of a deal.

Comment

I like Ryobi.

I have the Brushless Drill & ¼" Impact so far.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                        Dewalt or Milwaukee all personal preference. If only small household projects I wouldn’t hesitate to save cash and get ryobi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        This.

Comment

I just switched over from my old Dewalt 18V tools to the 20V system and LOVE them. More torque, better battery life, & half the weight.

Comment

Milwaukee is the best... but you'll pay the price. I went with Ridgid myself due to the fact you get a lifetime warranty. So far, haven't had to use it. I have a 13" planner, shop vac, compressor, miter saw, circular saw, drill, impact drill and the list goes on.

Comment

Ryobi and Ridgid. Ridgid tools have a great warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X