No announcement yet.

Bought a 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got one for my girls, ages 14 and 18, also with the 129g Hornady. i love shooting it myself. Veerry low recoil. Haven't animal tested it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
      I got the compass in 6.5 also. I have been handloading my ammo, wile working up loads I have had plenty of groups around
      .75", a few around .5" and a couple just under .4". I love the gun. Be sure and check for rebates, I think they have one right now.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk
      We did this as soon as we got home (wife and I). I pretty much got this rifle for $250 after I got the rebate. They were on sale for $269 a week ago plus rebate. Missed that deal. Thanks for posting the link just in case someone hasn’t done it yet.
      I am ordering dies today I think.

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
        got one for my girls, ages 14 and 18, also with the 129g Hornady. i love shooting it myself. Veerry low recoil. Haven't animal tested it yet.
        This was the other reason I wanted this caliber.

Comment

I have a bone stock Ruger precision Rifle or RPR and it shoots the over the counter Hornady lights out. Was going to load but no reason.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
            Anyone else have one?
            I do, but you and me are the first.

Comment

I won a Beretta shotgun last Friday night at homecoming football game in a raffle. I went to the gun shop and instead of getting the shotgun that would sit in my safe forever and never be used I traded it in for a Remington 700 6.5 CM with the heavy barrel. It is for my daughter to deer hunt with. I figured with the heavy barrel and low recoil it would be perfect for her. Topped it off with a Vortex scope. So.... for the gun, scope, rings, sling, bullets and case I probably have $60 in the whole setup!!!

Comment

I have a TC Compass in 6.5CM as well, wanted to tinker into some long range shooting but on a budget incase I lost interest. For a complete set up under $500 I'm **** happy with it. Been sub .5" shooting Hornady precision hunter 143 ELD-X

Comment

Cant say there has been much bad said about the TC compass. Seems like a pretty good bang for your buck rifle. 6.5 creedmoor is a pretty good cartridge. Lower recoil than a 308. It has better BCs and will over take the 308 in velocity and energy when they get out passed 500yds in most factory ammo varieties. There are a couple factory ammo make/model in 308 that will hold up to the 6.5 CM past 500 yds but wont match it at greater distances.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                    I have a TC Compass in 6.5CM as well, wanted to tinker into some long range shooting but on a budget incase I lost interest. For a complete set up under $500 I'm **** happy with it. Been sub .5" shooting Hornady precision hunter 143 ELD-X
                    That is the bullet that I went with. Haven't shot it yet but plan to this weekend. I will let you know after I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrisler View Post
                      That is the bullet that I went with. Haven't shot it yet but plan to this weekend. I will let you know after I do.
                      I was impressed with it. I also picked up 8 boxes of hornady black 140 gr. Academy had them on sale one day for $9.98 / box. Well see how these perform

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrisler View Post
                        I shot the 129 grain SP’s today(Hornady) and the 140 grain Remington green box SP. the Remington shot really really good. Not that the Hornady didn’t shoot good but the Remington shot much tighter groups. Might try them also if you find some at your local gun shop or maybe Walmart.

Comment

“Creedmore”, I can see that sometimes marketing is all in the name. F250 & 30-06.

Comment

nice guns

Comment

I have the same gun

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                                I was a hater for a long time but grew my hair out so that it could be tied in a super accurate, low recoil and compact package known as a man-bun.

I'm loving mine for ease of loading, accuracy and low recoil. Effective deer killin power out to most reasonable ranges. I know there are many others that can do the same but the fact that you can get Lapua brass for this plus inexpensive Hornady ammo that shoots very good to lights out it's a really cool combo.
                                He sports it well...lol
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X