Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One last question on elite before I order it in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last question on elite before I order it in.

G'day,

After a couple of phone calls it's clear now that I can't get an I34 in to try unless I'm ordering it to buy, so really I'm buying it sight unseen.

My last question is in regards to Brace height.

With my bear Mauler it has a BH of 6.75" and I've never really had any issues with that. I know the I34 is a 6" and I always hear about how much difference there is between a 6" and a 7" brace height.

Bearing in mind I plan on hunting out to 70yds with this rig too with my 530ish grain arrows.

I don't know what my form is like, I just don't know enough archers and not having a shop anywhere near me to tell me if it's fine or not. I can shoot pretty well out to 70 yards and only seem to miss when I pull the shot myself if that's any indication.

My question is, is there honestly that much difference between a 6-7" BH? And especially in regards to the I34 for people that have shot it.

It's 1030am here at the moment and today is the day I want to order my bow. Unless I can be put off I'll buy the I34 otherwise I'll lean towards the E35. I'm planning on putting my order in before close of business at 5 so I've got 6 1/2 hours to hear some advice from you guys!

Shooting them sight unseen isn't ideal but unfortunately I'm between a rock and a hard place in that regard.

Many thanks!

JP

brace height really only exists in product literature and in folks heads. if you can shoot a 7" then you can shoot a 6".

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
      brace height really only exists in product literature and in folks heads. if you can shoot a 7" then you can shoot a 6".

x2 for quality built bows

Comment

Yes you will be able to shoot it, but it will show a little more of your flaws as a shooter. But its not going to make or break you, i chrono'd my I34 today, pulling 67lbs @28" and shooting a 405gr arrow 275fps. Ive only had the bow a week or so and im getting good groups out to 100yds.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post

Boom! [emoji1417]

Comment

I personally will stay with a 7" BH but I have not shot a new bow except for, I believe a PSE Omen speed monster and that was definitely not for me. Maybe I need to come out of the dark ages and look at a new bow, but sure not looking forward to spending a grand for a new bow..

Comment

Back before parallel limbs and reflex risers, brace height meant a lot more than it does now. There is so much forgiveness built into most bows these days there isn't much difference between five or six inches, and less between six or seven inches of brace. I think "speed bows" that shoot 350-360FPS or more are more telling in your form flaws than the slower, more forgiving bows at any brace height.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                I personally will stay with a 7" BH but I have not shot a new bow except for, I believe a PSE Omen speed monster and that was definitely not for me. Maybe I need to come out of the dark ages and look at a new bow, but sure not looking forward to spending a grand for a new bow..

You picked the wrong one to shoot under 7 Doug. Draw cycle on that thing is horrible. I does what they say tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  You picked the wrong one to shoot under 7 Doug. Draw cycle on that thing is horrible. I does what they say tho.
                  Absolutely true!

Just waiting on someone to shoot and give reviews on the new X12!

Comment

Working...
                  X