No announcement yet.

What RV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on my third 5th wheel. Started with a 25' Nomad, upgraded to a 32' Sabre, and then went to a 38' Sandpiper. It has all the room we could ever want. Traded for it mainly due to wanting a different floorplan. The Sandpiper has a rear living area with super slides on both sides. Really opens up a lot of room.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
      Started out with a 27 foot travel trailer.

Decided to go full time and got Fleetwood 40 footer.

Have been to all of the lower 48 states in the last 27 months.
      Roughin' it!

Very nice coach!

How's the accessibility with the slides closed ?

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
        Roughin' it!

Very nice coach!

How's the accessibility with the slides closed ?
        Not bad can get all the way to the bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
          [ATTACH]822931[/ATTACH]

Generous gift from my sis and BIL.
          That's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Just picked up our new one 2 weeks ago. 28BHBE this is our second jayco jay flight and we have been very pleased with them
            Interior
            This was a must have for me. Large walk in shower and porcelain toilet
            Also had a second 15,000 btu put in. They got it to 56 degrees!
            We bought almost the same trailer. We bought the 32BHDS. Looks almost the exact same with a few minor differences. The bunk is in a seperate bunk room and has a slide. Bunk room has 3 bunks, and can also sleep two more on the floor. Our Shower has a shower curtain. Wish it had the doors like yours though.

Comment

Y'all are way out-classing us! Ours is a 27' 1985 Holiday Rambler.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	camper pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	24469817

Comment

We just picked this up in Sept. 25ft with the murphy bed. Its what the wife wanted. Happy wife happy life.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                  That's awesome!
                  Ya I got the best BIL ever!

Comment

I was in California last week and saw several small bumper pull / toy haulers made by Carson. I believe the model name was 'Rebel'. They looked ideal if you need a small, highly portable rv with a way to carry an ATV and still tow with a half ton truck. Does anyone have anything similar? Carson only sells on the west coast apparently. I've seen the Casitas and the Scamps but never saw one like the Rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                      I just went with full replacement. This thing is every bit as comfortable as my home serta icomfort which was 5 times the price.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                      Ordered one of these. Got delivered today and put it in the trailer already. Thanks that's so much better than what came with it. Great price also.
                      Now does any body need a new short queen mattress.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                        Ordered one of these. Got delivered today and put it in the trailer already. Thanks that's so much better than what came with it. Great price also.
                        Now does any body need a new short queen mattress.
                        What does "short queen" mean? Assuming it means a couple inches shorter than a standard queen or something like that but would not want to buy one not knowing the dimensions.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                          What does "short queen" mean? Assuming it means a couple inches shorter than a standard queen or something like that but would not want to buy one not knowing the dimensions.

It's six inches shorter.

Comment

What RV?

We are still in our 2012 Starcraft by Jayco 5th wheel.

If I could do it over again I would pay up for a model with a bedroom slide. But our current one is paid for so I'll just keep using it for now.
                            This summer we took a 3 week trip to and around the Grand Canyon. At Courtney's (aka Sika) advice we went to North park after doing a few days at the south park. She was right about the North park being awesome and we are glad we visited it. (Thanks for advice Courtney!).
                            We thoroughly enjoyed the trip and plan on doing more.

Here are a few pics-
                            Total trip data-

One of the few pics of the truck and trailer I took along the way-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by DaveC; 11-07-2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

We got our feet wet with a pop up camper. It was a step up from tent camping but with a gas furnace and 13,500 Btu AC it was never comfortable temperature wise. Wife needed a better kitchen. After a few years we moved up to a Hybrid Rockwood Roo 233, much better kitchen and bathroom situation but still left a bit to be desired as far as setting up and tear down was concerned. Temps were still a problem with three fold down bunk ends. We eventually sold the Roo and bought our first truck camper off craigs list. With a Honda 2000 watt generator we care completely off the grid, secure, comfortable in winter and summer, easy to drive, park, setup. Not limited by roads etc. Nice to be able to tow a boat, ATV's, trailer and not have to keep up with registration. Below is our first truck camper set up. Though tight on space these things can have all the bells and whistles. Inverter, hot water heater, solar setup, 4 seasons camping, three way fridge etc.

Last edited by LWolken; 11-07-2016, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
                                We got our feet wet with a pop up camper. It was a step up from tent camping but with a gas furnace and 13,500 Btu AC it was never comfortable temperature wise. Wife needed a better kitchen. After a few years we moved up to a Hybrid Rockwood Roo 233, much better kitchen and bathroom situation but still left a bit to be desired as far as setting up and tear down was concerned. Temps were still a problem with three fold down bunk ends. We eventually sold the Roo and bought our first truck camper off craigs list. With a Honda 2000 watt generator we care completely off the grid, secure, comfortable in winter and summer, easy to drive, park, setup. Not limited by roads etc. Nice to be able to tow a boat, ATV's, trailer and not have to keep up with registration. Below is our first truck camper set up. Though tight on space these things can have all the bells and whistles. Inverter, hot water heater, solar setup, 4 seasons camping, three way fridge etc.

We just pulled the trigger on a Northern Lite truck camper. Will get it late January, early February. Can't wait to get it as truck campers really do allow you to get off the grid.

Comment

Working...
                                X