The difference between men & women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We dropped my 10 yr old off for church camp this morning. This afternoon my wife found his lunch under the backseat of her car. She feels terrible, like she is a terrible mom. My response of “bet he doesn’t for get it next year,” was not met with kind regard.

Some lessons are best learned the hard way.

Yep.

My boy never did anything wrong, according to my bride.

Comment

Allow me to take it up a notch.

I would be dropping him off for 2 weeks in the Ninja Death Star camp, and then two weeks in the throwing blades camp. Of course you would throw in 2 weeks of sniper training, and another 2 weeks of hand to hand combat. Summer ends and he goes to Military School..................

Comment

I have the pleasure of taking my grandson to school every day. He goes to a private school and they do not provide lunch. I got him up and he got ready and I told him to get his lunch box and put in his back pack. He told me that he put in so off to school we go. He did not realize until lunch time that he did not have a lunch, a lot of kids laughed at him, except one little girl, she shared her lunch with him. He now double checks every day to make sure he has plenty to eat in his back pack for the day. He is eight and will be nine in December

Comment

Ha! That will continue. When our boys were away at college and some problem would arise we couldn’t help with my wife would get so stressed. She would say “what is he gonna do?” My response was always simply, “he’ll figure it out”. Drove her crazy - momma instinct.
          (They always figured it out, eventually)

Comment

Sounds like a classic case of "lawnmower parenting" where the parent(s) mow down each and every obstacle ahead of their kids. Then, when kiddos come back home (boomerang kids) parents wonder why kiddos can't make it on their own.

Comment

I have an older sister who is extremely smart, super successful, and one of the most intelligent humans I have ever met. graduated top 10 in her class of 500, and was on the Dean's list at the university of Texas . When she had a low tire in high school the
              world stopped until it was fixed.

When I grenaded the differential on my truck on the side of the road, my mom asked dad "he can fix that, right? "

She learned how to make enough money to pay people to fix things, and I learned how to fix things.

She and I were texting about something else this weekend when I told her our air-conditioner quit tonight. She asked if I were going to mom and dad's to sleep, and I replied no, I'm fixing the air conditioner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-18-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Small world, your sister sounds like my daughter. AC was out in her house last week so guess where she, her dog, and cat ended up, yep- at our house!

Comment

That’ll teach him!

Comment

Enough said LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	man-woman-controls_zpsivsedijs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	24546694

Comment

Working...
                    X