Cowboy hats and flip flops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    An all hat and no cattle blanket statement for anybody wearing a wide brimmed cowboy style hat is just dumb unless you have some doofus actually acting like he owns cattle or a ranch and he doesn't.

You never hear anybody say stuff like

all boots no cattle
    all buckle no cattle

all running shoes....no marathon.
    all Columbia....no fish
    all Rolex no mansion
    all visor no tennis
    all camo no deer
    all Costas no marlin

I mean seriously....wear what you like....wear what is comfortable....wear what helps you protect yourself......to heck with the fickle folks.

I am fond of: He's all fur coat and no trousers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

G string, big sombrero and a pair of flip flops covered in grass burs. What else you got?

Comment

Heck yes I do. I’ll wear it with gym shorts and flip flops. The hat is a tool, not a fashion accessory.. it keeps sun out of my eyes and rain out of my face..

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          I need to quit posting on this thread. I'm a cattle rancher and have been all my life. It doesn't matter squat to me at what ever you wear. I carry my boots to work in the pu but usually wear Crocs until I need to put my boots on. I'm out.
          Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
          ^^^^^same here^^^^;

I'm beginning to think it's folks who don't even run/have ranches or maybe ex rodeo "superstars" that are the most fickle about other folks wearing hats or any type of western wear... or maybe its just miserable folks who need to find something to gripe about. Its all really silly unless said person is saying they do something when they do not.

Comment

I'm beginning to think it's folks who don't even run/have ranches or maybe ex rodeo "superstars" that are the most fickle about other folks wearing hats or any type of western wear... or maybe its just miserable folks who need to find something to gripe about. Its all really silly unless said person is saying they do something when they do not.
            Heck most rodeo and ranch guys break the TBH cowboy rules lmao

Comment

Your right Smart. Shoot, most of the naysayers couldn't make it a mile in "my flipflops, hat and shorts"

Comment

An all hat and no cattle blanket statement for anybody wearing a wide brimmed cowboy style hat is just dumb unless you have some doofus actually acting like he owns cattle or a ranch and he doesn't.

You never hear anybody say stuff like

all boots no cattle
                all buckle no cattle

all running shoes....no marathon.
                all Columbia....no fish
                all Rolex no mansion
                all visor no tennis
                all camo no deer
                all Costas no marlin

I mean seriously....wear what you like....wear what is comfortable....wear what helps you protect yourself......to heck with the fickle folks.

All diesel truck, no trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  I need to quit posting on this thread. I'm a cattle rancher and have been all my life. It doesn't matter squat to me at what ever you wear. I carry my boots to work in the pu but usually wear Crocs until I need to put my boots on. I'm out.
                  Same here! Crocs till i need boots. I believe in comfort. Dang what others think!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Same here! Crocs till i need boots. I believe in comfort. Dang what others think!

I love crocs. Back doesn't hurt as much after a day standing on the boat in them and they don't pick up the fish slime smell like sneakers or leather sandals will. I don't own a cowboy hat but I'm considering something to keep the sun off my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boss Buck View Post
                      Yes I will wear cowboy hat with shorts and flips. I will also wear shorts and workboots or snake boots if traveling home from the ranch.. who cares?
                      I'm in this category. Also know a few world champion cowboys who have adopted this attitude. Especially on the lake

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        Heck most rodeo and ranch guys break the TBH cowboy rules lmao
                        That's the dang truth. I hated the PRCA/CPRA dress code during the summer but I followed it because 1) it was a rule and didn't like fines 2) I understood I was in the entertainment business and had to help the committees sell an image. But **** being full western attire in Summer Time Texas sucked

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hat and flops when gardening or grilling...shorts are optional

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's not ex rodeo superstars or most rodeo cowboys I know.

Comment

Sotol, thats awesome. Made me chuckle for sure. Not sure im coming to your bbq though. Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X