Traditional FSC Week 34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSC Week 34

This one is in tribute to our resident rabbit slayer. I've missed a few of them, granted I was shooting in the dark but they are a challenging shot and a delicious trophy.
    Hopefully this will print for you.
    Scoring well a solid head shot is 5 points. The big scoring oval is 5 points. The smaller circle in the oval is hard to see but its 8 points. Shoot it one arrow per day over three days. Highest total of 3 arrows wins the call. One at 12 yards, one at 15 and one at 17.
    Thanx for the inspiration SwampRabbit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DRT; 08-20-2018, 10:00 PM.

Cool. So, 5 for head or body, except 8 points in the smaller kill zone oval?
    And shoot three arrows -- one from 12, one from 15, one from 17 -- on three days?

Question: is the winner the highest 3 arrow total on any ONE day out of three tries OR the highest TOTAL of all three days together?

Comment

One arrow per day over three days. Highest total for all three arrows.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

I just checked.
          Last time I shot my bow was 17 days ago.

I'll try to get this done before deadline, but dang I been busy, and still am.

Rick

Comment

I understand. It's been tough this summer with as busy as it's been. But you gotta make hay while the sun shines . . .

Comment

Day one shot at 12 yards. Missed the 8pt circle a bit left but in the oval for 5pts.

Comment

Day 1- 12yds

I broke the line. 8 pts?
                Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Nice shooting Briar!

So I stumbled on this thread the other day... wasn't exactly sure what to make of it.

But thought I would share my technique for killing rabbits anyways.

Buff once told me he aimed for the eye. I thought that was kinda odd given his pics had some hits nowhere near the eye. It wasnt till later that I figured out why he aimed for the eye...

I don't aim for the head, and I dont aim for the 8 ring in the pic above either. What I aim for is the "neck" as seen in this pic.

They aint very big... and vitals are really small. A dead rabbit is one that you thump as hard as you can and break the shoulder, neck, head, or down the back. With that in mind, if you aim for that 8 ring... your shots that drift below will be misses. Back... a nasty cleaning job...

I pick out a tuft of hair between the head and the shoulder and aim there. High is a head shot... back is a broken spine... low is a broken shoulder. All lethal, recoveries.

Most important is picking a spot and not just shooting at the rabbit.

Just some food for thought. Good luck on your challenge!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Good shooting, DRT and Briar!

Thanks for the analysis, Swamp. Feel free to join in and actually shoot it.

I seem to be tied up taking cats to the vet; hope to get started shooting this shortly, myself.

Comment

Great info Rabbit. Thanks for sharing. Yesterday...I found my lost arrow from a deflected missed shot on a squirrel...one with the 175gn SwampRabbit Bunny Thumper Nut & Bolt Head...feathers are all matted but shaft and head no worse for wear...however Im still recouping and refraining from the matching bow. Ill prolly screw on some more nuts and beef the grains from 175 to 200 for pairing with my current set up. Super excited! Great interchangeable design SwampRabbit!

Comment

Might be a good point SR. I have been trying to head shoot them in the lights of the cart and seem to miss high most often. The point is I like eating rabbits. With a .22 or compound I eat pretty good. With my trad bow I've been hungry. [emoji3]
                        Yes Briar, breaks the line it's 8. Your the current leader in the club house.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                          Good shooting, DRT and Briar!

Thanks for the analysis, Swamp. Feel free to join in and actually shoot it.

I seem to be tied up taking cats to the vet; hope to get started shooting this shortly, myself.
                          There are 101 uses for a dead cat . . .
                          Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            There are 101 uses for a dead cat . . .
                            Just sayin

Hell...Im lookin at gettin more cats...outdoor only...Im allergic. A Yellow Tom and a Black one. Ive only got one, Bengal Cross...and she is my first line of defense against snakes around the house. She is a killer and earns her keep.

DRT...I know DRT is a hunting acronym...but what does it mean?

Comment

Dead right there.

Comment

Working...
                              X