Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has never hunted out out of state and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has never hunted out out of state and why?

I have hunted NM or Colorado about 27 times and typically ask friends if they want to go and most would like to but a lot of times back out for one reason or another. Im sure there are a lot of folks on here that want to as well but talk themselves out of it as well. Im guessing most answers will be something like
    Cost, no clue where to start ( planning ), not sure how to apply.
    Let me tell ya this, if you have never hunted out of state you absolutly have to give it a try. Its worth the research, the phone calls, all the time to learn the process. And it absolutely does not have to break the bank.

Time is the big factor for me.

Comment

I had a trip all planned out with a good friend to Alaska for a Moose hunt and he was murdered before we could go. Some of you probably new him Larry Sifford He had a small bow shop in El Campo.

Comment

Money and Time .......Would love to go somewhere, but with 3 young boys it's kind of hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
          I had a trip all planned out with a good friend to Alaska for a Moose hunt and he was murdered before we could go. Some of you probably new him Larry Sifford He had a small bow shop in El Campo.
          Now thats terrible

Comment

Money is the main thing thats held me back. One of these days itll happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Money + time. I'm a teacher, so not only is the pay mediocre, but my time off falls during the summer, eliminating a lot of the hunting opportunities I'd consider looking into.

Comment

Originally posted by COOLDAD1 View Post
                Money and Time.......
                same here.

Comment

Scared...........and the freinds I have asked are wusses.

Comment

If money is the biggest issue i assure you you already have 99% of the equipment
                    You need and the tags a reasonable. Travel expenses are not terrible especially if you can go with a couple other folks.
                    Make a plan and find a way to get it done. The adventure is worth every headache

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                      Money + time. I'm a teacher, so not only is the pay mediocre, but my time off falls during the summer, eliminating a lot of the hunting opportunities I'd consider looking into.
                      That is one of those careers that make it nearly impossible.

Comment

Time and money.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

The only place I've ever hunted outside of Texas was in Wisconsin. That was not really hunting, so much as population control for one of my Mom's cousin (he's a corn farmer, and deer are pests up there)

I dream of western hunts for elk and muley's. I just can't afford it. I will go and hunt Montana / Wyoming / Idaho before I'm too feeble to do so. It is becoming a priority for me now, and I plan to book a hunt for my 45th birthday.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            I was studying a masters of teaching when that really hit me and I decided a career wasn't worth sacrificing the one thing I really love.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never hunted in state

Comment

Working...
                              X