No announcement yet.

Got a XDm .40!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info. Obviously, this is my first handgun, so any advice, like trigger pull, is great. Looking forward to its arrival.

Comment

As others have said put a few boxes of rounds through it and the trigger will lighten up. I own a XDm 40 (first year production) and I absolutely love it. I plan on getting the new XDm slim compact 45 or subcompact 40 as my primary carry gun in the future

Comment

I'm sure they'll come out with a XDm subcompact .45 soon since I just bought a XD subcompact .40 a few days ago.

Comment

i love my xd's and my xdm cant wait for the xds to come out i want one

Comment

I have the exact pistol and have had it for 2 years and would not give it up for anything. Congrats on a good buy

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
              I'm sure they'll come out with a XDm subcompact .45 soon since I just bought a XD subcompact .40 a few days ago.
              You mean like this ?

Check it out! http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/springfield-armory-xds/

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                Was going to wait on this one, but you know...lack of patience and all. Plus, would like to have a little more than a 5+1.

Comment

Good choice! I have an XDM 3.8 in 9mm and couldn't be happier. As mentioned previously I too have some difficulty with shooting low and to the left, but feel it's my technique more than the gun. I honestly don't think I would add any "mods" to it.
                  Mine shoots the same way.

Comment

Lmao. Figures!!!!
                    It is a little but longer barrel and a little taller than the XD sub 40 but close. Oh well I'm liking my sub40. Maybe in a few years, if I still feel the need, I'll get a XDs.

Comment

Great gun, I have the exact same one. Check out XDTalk.com forums for some good info too.

Comment

The only parts I use in my shop to upgrade the fire control system of the XD/XDm are from Powder River, link below. Also it is wise to avoid dry firing them as the roll pin firing pin retainer have a history of breaking from dry firing. Use a snap cap.

Comment

And here it is.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Where did the high-cap mag go? Already loading it up?
                            All the best,
                            Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                              Congrats! Where did the high-cap mag go? Already loading it up?
                              All the best,
                              Glenn
                              It's like you know me? Have already played with it some. Can't wait to get it to a range and get her broke in.

Comment

I got the 3.8 in.45acp. Give it a chance before you change it. The xdm is awesome right out the box. I'd only put night sights on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X