Tasteless pan sausage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tasteless pan sausage

Every year for last 30 years we make pan sausage and links after deer season.We made a small 20 lbs batch of pan sausage the other day and it's like the meat didn't take the seasoning.Doesnt have much taste,we use the same recipe as the years before and never had this happen before.We added a little more seasoning and still bland,can't taste seasoning,when cooking it doesn't smell like pan sausage should.Anyone have this happen?

I have but I attributed it to my processor getting it in there evenly because one pack would be great and the neck taste like it was never seasoned.

Comment

good thing seasoning is easy to add during the cooking process,, I like the sage and have on occasions had to add a little bit,,, fyi it is strong so tread lightly at first

Comment

May have been just old seasoning that lost its kick

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          May have been just old seasoning that lost its kick
          This is the first thing that came to mind.

Comment

Taste is one of the first senses to go as you get older....

Comment

Was it real lean? Fat really enhances the seasons. I normally use twice what the season packages call for. We make it to our taste.

Comment

Always cook a little patty and taste when you mix it up. That's what my grandfather did.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                  This is the first thing that came to mind.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                    good thing seasoning is easy to add during the cooking process,, I like the sage and have on occasions had to add a little bit,,, fyi it is strong so tread lightly at first
                    This exactly. I never worry too much about the pan because you can always flavor up when cooking.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                      Taste is one of the first senses to go as you get older....
                      That happens so you will be attracted to women your own age

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                        Was it real lean? Fat really enhances the seasons. I normally use twice what the season packages call for. We make it to our taste.
                        It doesn't throw off much grease,it probably could use a little more fat.Tried a couple patties before we ground it up and it was a little weak ,added more seasoning and seemed okay , cooked a package this morning and just not much taste.Had to season it on your plate,it is like cooking ground meat with nothing on it.I see lots of meatloaf and spaghetti an meatballs in the future!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          That happens so you will be attracted to women your own age
                          Bam

Comment

My wife and I used a sausage recipe, that my mother has had for many years, we used to use 35 years ago. It always came out great. Well I was going to just start mixing the spices into all of the sausage, but my wife, the cooking expert decided that was a bad idea. She decided we should only mix up about 1/2 lb. of sausage and then cook some and see how it tastes. Good thing we did, it did not have much flavor. We decided it needed some more salt and then some more garlic and maybe some sage, not sure on that. The salt definitely brought out a lot of flavor. We finally mixed up a batch that tasted great, so we scaled that mixture back up to the amount of sausage we had and got to making sausage, it all came out pretty good. Had it been up to me, we would have had a bunch of bland sausage.

Comment

Working...
                            X