When does TPWD post 2020 public hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does TPWD post 2020 public hunts

Anyone know around what date they usually post the hunt schedules for the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About July 5th

Comment

Like Merlin mentioned above it's usually the first week or so of July.

I'm actually looking forward to it coming out. My kids have had decent enough luck drawing a hunt the last two years. I'm hoping that luck continues and maybe I'll draw one also.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Very interested in the drawn hunts. I Hope overnight camping and stand-by drawings aren’t affected. If so, it will certainly lower the appeal on the financial investment.

Comment

Me and a hunting buddy are planning to put in for some of the TPWD draws this year. Will be the first time applying for both of us. If anyone has any general advice, thoughts, lessons from prior experience, etc. Any info is appreciated.

One thing that was not clear on the website is exactly how the draw works if you put in as a group. For instance, can we both draw and add each other, therefore giving us both 2 draws. Or do we have to have one person apply for each draw and add the second person, therefore giving us one draw collectively.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
              Very interested in the drawn hunts. I Hope overnight camping and stand-by drawings aren’t affected. If so, it will certainly lower the appeal on the financial investment.
              Camping is surely safer than staying in a hotel in terms of virus stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if they whack standby's to keep crowds down. I wouldn't support it but wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

I am excited for this! I haven't had anywhere to hunt since moving to Texas until this last season when I started public land. I didnt get my bow until 2 weeks before archery season and i learned about the draw hunts after the fact so I'll be putting in for quite a few!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by xZachTheRipper8; 06-03-2020, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gdouty View Post
                  Me and a hunting buddy are planning to put in for some of the TPWD draws this year. Will be the first time applying for both of us. If anyone has any general advice, thoughts, lessons from prior experience, etc. Any info is appreciated.

One thing that was not clear on the website is exactly how the draw works if you put in as a group. For instance, can we both draw and add each other, therefore giving us both 2 draws. Or do we have to have one person apply for each draw and add the second person, therefore giving us one draw collectively.

Thanks!

Hey so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but you have to apply as a group and it counts for both of your applications. Basically you select the hunter, select the hunt. Then you can choose to add someone else. They will need your info to do it. Also there are a few group only hunts you may want to look into. A lot of guys don’t apply because of that

Comment

Makes sense, thanks for the input and info on the group only hunt, we will look into those for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                      Hey so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but you have to apply as a group and it counts for both of your applications. Basically you select the hunter, select the hunt. Then you can choose to add someone else. They will need your info to do it. Also there are a few group only hunts you may want to look into. A lot of guys don’t apply because of that

Don’t think so on TPWD hunts. Once you apply and get selected, only the people(up to 3) you put on the application gets to hunt. Can’t add people later, unless they changed that rule this year. Also, I haven’t seen a hunt yet where it requires a group to enter.

Comment

Originally posted by gdouty View Post

Thanks!
                        The system will not allow you to put in for the same hunt multiple times. When you apply, there is a 'main' applicant and you can add 1 to 3 additional people (depending on the specific hunt). If your name appears on another hunt application, either as the main contact or as a group member, then you will not be able to submit the application (system keeps it from going through and you will get an error). In the old days, you could enter a hunt multiple times, but you would then be disqualified for the hunt. Not possible any more. I'm not aware of any 'group only hunts' other than I think the aoudad hunt at Caprock requires at least 2 applicants.

Comment

Palo Duro is the restricted hunt, and requires 2-4 people. Due to the remoteness of the lower units you have to hunt together and also each have a GPS.

Comment

Thanks for the correction, I knew it was one of the aoudad areas but didn't remember which one.

Comment

I think your better of going and buying a lottery ticket, too few permits for too many applicants. Several states this year have crushed there previous lottery applicants I know New Mexico was one of them I see Texas being no different. People not having work and thinking they need to hunt for meat SMH https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22F0G4

Comment

Working...
                              X