No announcement yet.

Anyone Else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not gotten excited about it in a long time. Typically it's the day or two before that I get somewhat excited.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
      I’m fired up but God has me on a different direction this year. Baby boy #2 is due the 21st so I’m ready for baby season! Hoping my wife lets me out of the house just a tad so I can scratch my itch!

I’m in the same spot, 2 month old son. New boat and good looking deer on camera but I’ll be staying closer to home this season.

Comment

We lost our lease in June. By the time we got all our stuff off the lease, I just didn’t have the drive to try and find a new place and and get setups going for the 2018 season. I’ll hit it hard this next offseason and try to find a good place.

I’ll still bowhunt a little on some family land in Kerr and Gaines county, but I’ll definitely be fishing more, and honey doing around the house this fall.
        Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 09-15-2018, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I WANT to. But been so busy with the business I havent even filled feeders in months. One stand needs a roof ( blown off during Harvey ) and my camper needs serious roof attention. I keep planning on making a run down there but literally am busy every single day. It sucks plain and simple.

Comment

I wax and wane in excitement. I have to go hunting during weekday and morning hunts dont happen. Four ankle biters and coaching two soccer teams takes priority. However the wife has issued a kill order for the local cervids plagueing our orchard...so hunting will be “working”...when she asks...where are you?...”Working in the blind”.

Sorry you lost your spot Trumpkin.

Comment

I'm excited this year. I haven't had a lease for many years, but got picked for Laguna atascosa in November and government canyon in December. Both of them are archery hunts. I've never been to GC and really looking forward to it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the first year in my 30+ years of bow hunting that I'm not excited. Work has gotten in the way of me taking care of my lease the way I like it, I also doubt I will have the time to hunt much at all because of work. Also the way it looks right now my lease will probably flood up this coming week and it will run all the animals off.

Comment

I was that way last year. We lost out lease of 10 years and found a good one 3 days before gun season. I liked it but passed because we had just moved into our new home and I had lots of projects looking me in the face and just didn`t want to take on moving all of our stuff on to a new lease and getting it all set up that close to the season opener.

Luckily the place was still available because the person wasn`t looking to lease it, but his neighbor is a good friend and inquired about the property because he knew I had lost my lease. I am excited about the new place and it is only 15 miles from home.

Comment

I’m more than excited. Second year on place in Oklahoma that I can’t wait to check cams on.

First time in Jack County. Lots of good deer on and around where I hunt. Opening weekend for archery can’t come soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im ready to go! Now I just need a place to hunt. How do you guys find affordable leases or clubs?

Comment

I get fired up every year. Work got in the way of my elk hunt this year, so it has me even more ready for deer season. I have had to hunt public land alot for the past five years so I never set my expectations too high. But I also just love getting out in the woods up in a tree watching the sun come up and all the critters become active, hard not to believe in a higher power in that environment. This year im fortunate enough to have a spot to hunt, was able to get some blinds and stands set up and a small food plot in bout a month ago before heading out of town for work. Fly back home in a week, its killing me to see how the food plot is making out and whats on camera.

Comment

Working...
                        X