Pushing 22 cals real fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushing 22 cals real fast

Mostly for predator possibly deer. Got a new build on thenworks that’ll be pushing the 50-62 gr pills very fast. Which bullets are you all seeing the best results. I’m ey balling a 60 gr v max any thoughts?

While I’ve shot and killed axis and pigs with v max. There are better bullets out there for high speed hot rods.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      While I’ve shot and killed axis and pigs with v max. There are better bullets out there for high speed hot rods.

I’d like to know which lol

Comment

70gr accubond or 62gr (or) 75gr Swift Scirocco?

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
          70gr accubond or 62gr (or) 75gr Swift Scirocco?
          70 gr will be great for everything for sure but trying to see how fast and accurate we can get the lights I just want something light that’ll stay together and not blow up on impact in the 4k region

Comment

Barnes makes some 45 grainers

Comment

60gr partition?

Comment

How light are you wanting to go?

Comment

I'd be inclined to try the 62 grain sciricco's. I tried the 75 in mine and didn't have any luck so I doubt the 62 will work unless I could find that next node with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Parker 50-62gr. I thought maybe a Barnes TTSX would be ok but have been told it’ll be terrible

Comment

I’ve had good luck with TSX and TTSX but they require a fast twist barrel.

Comment

Barrel will be 1:8

Comment

I would call Eric Stecker and Brian Litz @ Berger and discuss your project, cartridge, and expectations. Hear it directly from the horse's mouth what will and won't work. I'd also call the head ballisticians at all the other bullet companies before buying bullets that won't stabilize or perform for your application

I'm buying a custom Nesika Model C (Poulsboro, WA) fast twist 220Russian to shoot the Berger 52 match pills. Should be scary accurate
                          Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-29-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

I dont know if the .224 will hold up or perform the same as the .204 diameters. But the 40 gr and 32 gr pills out of the .204 perform excellent running right around 4k plus or minus 200 fps at least for me on all the predators I have shot. Not sure if the .224 will handle it though but I dont see why it wouldnt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 60 gr partition might be able to after reading last night. Thanks Blake I’ll make some calls today

Comment

Working...
                              X