HELP! First time roasting a turkey!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! First time roasting a turkey!!

Can anyone give me a play by play on the best way to roast a turkey that will yield the best results? I bought roasting bags, pans, and Cajun butter injection. Please include temps and times. No I don't have a fryer or smoker. Only an oven! LOL.

Thanks in advance TBH'ers!

Best advice I can give you is to look at You Tube. I cooked a breast already and lots if info about turkeys as well.

Mine turned out great.One tip I can give is to have a meat thermometer.

Comment

Don't know formal name for technique but you cut top of backbone on both sides then push to flatten bird. Cuts down on cooking time so you don't dry out meat. Only way we will roast a turkey in oven now. Goggle is your friend for time and temp info.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
        Don't know formal name for technique but you cut top of backbone on both sides then push to flatten bird. Cuts down on cooking time so you don't dry out meat. Only way we will roast a turkey in oven now. Goggle is your friend for time and temp info.
        I think that's called spatchcocking.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
          I think that's called spatchcocking.

Yep
          Cooks way more even

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
            Yep
            Cooks way more even
            I'm going to smoke a turkey breast and was thinking of doing it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by sethcros View Post
              I'm going to smoke a turkey breast and was thinking of doing it that way.

It's the only way I smoke birds now

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                Can anyone give me a play by play on the best way to roast a turkey that will yield the best results? I bought roasting bags, pans, and Cajun butter injection. Please include temps and times. No I don't have a fryer or smoker. Only an oven! LOL.

Thanks in advance TBH'ers!
                probably to late but I would have brined it for 24-48 hrs

then inject and follow cooking directions from the i-net

Comment

Working...
                X