Hawk...I had to share...smile.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hawk...I had to share...smile.

I think it's a red tailed hawk.......it surely was one of those once in a life time captures for me........best way to start our road trip to AZ...caught this guy five miles out of town on the highway having some raccoon tartare...smile.

Wow! Great shots

Comment

Great shots!

Comment

Very cool. Nice work!

Comment

Cool pics!
          Why is the eye opaque in a few of the shots? Some kind of reflection I'm guessing. I have never seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
            Cool pics!
            Why is the eye opaque in a few of the shots? Some kind of reflection I'm guessing. I have never seen that before.
            I don't think so, I'm guessing it's a skin/film that is like a second lid over the eye as a protection layer - our guinea keets (babies) have a thin layer lid and I'm thinking it's the hawks lid or something like that - I actually inquired about it on the Texas Parks and Wildlife sight....curious if anyone else has an answer to this.............smile.

Comment

Nice shots... The opaque ones are the nictitating membrane. It protects the eye when they get on prey.

Comment

Saw these posted on TPWD facebook just now! That's neato!

Comment

Awesome shots!! Wish my iPhone could take such good pics haha

Comment

Wow thats nice.

Comment

Nice Shots

Comment

Nice Shots

Comment

Nice pics.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by black42 View Post
                            Nice shots... The opaque ones are the nictitating membrane. It protects the eye when they get on prey.
                            Thanks for the information about the membrane, I knew it was some type of eye lid and not just a reflective thing, it was very overcast that day and sprinkling as I took the photos.

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                            Saw these posted on TPWD facebook just now! That's neato!
                            I had to share the photos in TPWD.......it's the closest I've been able to get to a hawk.

Thanks everyone for your lovely compliments. It definitely pays off to keep your camera in tow.....smile.

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X