X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Trout

Anyone got some ideas for grilling some fresh caught rainbows??/

Thanks

Remove the guts. Run hot water over the skin for a few seconds to loosen it up, and then break the head over backwards and peel the skin off. Load 'em up with butter, a little lemon juice, salt and pepper and/or Tony's (or your favorite spices) - inside and out. Wrap in foil and grill away. Don't put them on high heat, and turn them over to get both sides cooked right.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Remove the guts. Run hot water over the skin for a few seconds to loosen it up, and then break the head over backwards and peel the skin off. Load 'em up with butter, a little lemon juice, salt and pepper and/or Tony's (or your favorite spices) - inside and out. Wrap in foil and grill away. Don't put them on high heat, and turn them over to get both sides cooked right.
      Sounds like a plan. I am gonna grill them up this evening. Thanks for the heads up on the foil...I would have burned the crap out of them

Comment

I use the foil to hold in the butter and then the fish once it starts falling apart. You can open up the foil and let some smoke in while they're cooking if you want to. It's best to do that early, if you're going to.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderbowhunter View Post
          I would have burned the crap out of them
          that's called blackening!

Comment

Working...
          X