Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to defletch factory Beman Centershots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to defletch factory Beman Centershots?

When I scrape the fletchings off, the fake wood grain enamel comes off too. Not in shavings but in chips/flakes and creates a very uneven surface for remounting fletchings.

Thanks for any help.

Try to loosen the glue with acetone. Get it by the quart at Walmart in the automotive section or O'Rielly's in the auto body repair section.

Comment

Careful with the acetone. An archery shop dipped my son's Centershots in acetone and it completely dissolved the fake wood grain enamel. That part of the arrows is now a dull grey.

Comment

I have found no way to reflecth those shafts without messing up the woodgrain finish! I does not really hurt anything, but just looks ugly as all get out!

Bisch

Comment

scrape them off then sand with fine sandpaper and put wraps on them to hide the blemish.

Comment

"
            scrape them off then sand with fine sandpaper and put wraps on them to hide the blemish.
            "

That would be your best option if you are worried about how they are going to look!

Comment

Thanks Yall!

Originally posted by texizona View Post
              Careful with the acetone. An archery shop dipped my son's Centershots in acetone and it completely dissolved the fake wood grain enamel. That part of the arrows is now a dull grey.
              This is good to know. This was actually gonna be my action after next. Sand paper is next. Im not really concerned about look...I am/will be concerned about damaging the shaft integrity with acetone or some other chemical. If acetone doesnt do any structural damage...itll get bumped up.

Any thoughts on acetone damaging shaft integrity?

Comment

My first thought about Texizonas acetone statement was..."Super sweet! I can squeeze in/out just a bit more FOC with the rear end enamel gone!"...however miniscule.

Comment

Just about (and maybe all of them) every carbon arrow mfgr says not to use acetone on their shafts. That being said, I have used acetone to remove printed labels on shafts and have never damaged a shaft doing so. Use acetone at your own risk!!!

Bisch

Comment

Tally-ho!

Thanks Bisch.

Comment

Working...
                    X