Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    LoL and that's why Obamacare is here to stay
    Because your head is stuck in the sand
    Spoken like a true crawfish.
    Time to update the ignore list...

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
      It's a wonderful thing that you have compassion for people, now go take your own money and individually, by yourself, or with a group of like-minded people, under your own impulses and compassion, go and help other individuals pay for their medicines and procedures.

Seriously, when is the last time you helped anyone else by taking your own money, from your own account or pocket, and used it to help another individual? When is the last time you gave to an organization, charity, church, etc, that collects money for the sole purpose of helping someone in need? When is the last time you've done anything generous on your own? That's an honest, sincere question, to which I genuinely want to know the answer.

If you have done that, then good. That's excellent and I applaud your generosity. More people should do that. However, to force anyone to do that under compulsion from forces outside their own convictions is theft. I've got plenty of medical bills sitting in from of me right now, amounting to tens of thousands of dollars. If I force you to pay for my medical bills, then that is me taking money from you by force. That is theft. However, if instead, I use the government to force you to pay a tax to them and then through some convoluted system of government accounting, they pay for it, we call that fair taxation. How is it any different?

Charity and generosity done out of a joyful heart is a wonderful thing that produces benefits beyond monetary value. It produces love and good will which in turn produces more generosity, a sense of "paying it forward." But charity and generosity that is forced produces anger, ill-will, jealousy and division.
      I don't have anything to add to this, other than I agree with it

Comment

Single Payer?? Are you kidding me?

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
        Education IS NOT A RIGHT. It is
        M-A-N-D-A-T-E-D. There is a distinct difference. I will ask again for you to show me in our founding documents where education is a Right. Show it to me. I know you won't because you can't.

But why stop there? Let's do free housing and free cars and free vacation homes. Hell, let's use France as the model and go to the 30 hour work week. That's TRUE utopia, right?

Sign me up right now for a 30 HR work week. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 8 to 6 with a hr lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 07-17-2017, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Same way education is.
          Why is it a "right" for kids to learn about ancient Egypt but not for adults to be cured from pancreatic cancer?
          If it's an equal right then I want it for free also.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
            Why will you not address my points? I have posed the questions several times.
            That was rhetorical. You cannot answer them because your "compassion" argument goes out the window.
            What do you want answered specifically?

Number them out here one by one and I'll answer them all.

Deal???

Comment

Seriously, when is the last time you helped anyone else by taking your own money, from your own account or pocket, and used it to help another individual?

When is the last time you gave to an organization, charity, church, etc, that collects money for the sole purpose of helping someone in need?

When is the last time you've done anything generous on your own?

That's an honest, sincere question, to which I genuinely want to know the answer.

LoL
              Are you serious?
              Your questions are very elementary and have all been done in a single day.
              Like last Sunday.

1. Gave a meth head on 1960 & 45 the change in my cup holder on Sunday

2. Paid tithes at church on Sunday

3. Took my buddies (and his buddy who I don't know) kids to Chuck E Cheese on Sunday and also let them come to my house to swim on Sunday

Also paid for dinner for a friend at Le Coloniel in Houston on Sunday

Was this a trick question or something?

Comment

LoL
                Are you serious?
                Your questions are very elementary and have all been done in a single day.
                Like last Sunday.

1. Gave a meth head on 1960 & 45 the change in my cup holder on Sunday

2. Paid tithes at church on Sunday

3. Took my buddies (and his buddy who I don't know) kids to Chuck E Cheese on Sunday and also let them come to my house to swim on Sunday

Also paid for dinner for a friend at Le Coloniel in Houston on Sunday

Was this a trick question or something?
                First of all, good for you. You seem to be a nice guy. More people should follow the your example in being personally generous. But what you missed is that you did that out of your own generosity. No tricks. Questions are elementary because the subject is a simple subject. People are making this far too complicated.

Did anyone force you to be generous do any of those things? No, no one forced you to do any of them. However, if the meth head had stuck a gun in your face and took your change by force, it would have been robbery. You didn't have to pay your tithe, but you did. However, if the pastor / priest had coerced you into tithing, you would have resented it and not given out of a generous and joyful heart and would probably eventually stop going to that church or any church altogether. If your buddy was constantly pawning his and other kids off on you because he knows you are a nice guy with a generous heart, you would eventually grow to resent his actions and would probably confront him or cut off communication.

You are advocating for something entirely different than what you personally did. You are advocating for our government to force one group of people to pay for something for another group of people. What you did was generous. What you are advocating for is theft. You cannot force generosity out of another person. You can only give it yourself and hope that it makes it's way forward.

Comment

First of all, good for you. You seem to be a nice guy. More people should follow the your example in being personally generous. But what you missed is that you did that out of your own generosity. No tricks. Questions are elementary because the subject is a simple subject. People are making this far too complicated.

Did anyone force you to be generous do any of those things? No, no one forced you to do any of them. However, if the meth head had stuck a gun in your face and took your change by force, it would have been robbery. You didn't have to pay your tithe, but you did. However, if the pastor / priest had coerced you into tithing, you would have resented it and not given out of a generous and joyful heart and would probably eventually stop going to that church or any church altogether. If your buddy was constantly pawning his and other kids off on you because he knows you are a nice guy with a generous heart, you would eventually grow to resent his actions and would probably confront him or cut off communication.

You are advocating for something entirely different than what you personally did. You are advocating for our government to force one group of people to pay for something for another group of people. What you did was generous. What you are advocating for is theft. You cannot force generosity out of another person. You can only give it yourself and hope that it makes it's way forward.
                  Giving the meth head the money is tough at times.
                  I'm supposed to give without any thoughts
                  But honestly at times I think this guy is going to go shoot my money in his arms and be doped up

But you know what
                  Those ate his demons
                  Not mine
                  And I'm not the one to judge
                  That's God's job
                  I'm only supposed to do right by my brothers
                  Who knows he wouldn't take my change and go get a burger from burger king?
                  I don't know

So I must give without thought

Comment

Giving the meth head the money is tough at times.
                    I'm supposed to give without any thoughts
                    But honestly at times I think this guy is going to go shoot my money in his arms and be doped up

But you know what
                    Those ate his demons
                    Not mine
                    And I'm not the one to judge
                    That's God's job
                    I'm only supposed to do right by my brothers
                    Who knows he wouldn't take my change and go get a burger from burger king?
                    I don't know

So I must give without thought
                    Congratulations!! You missed his point.

Comment

Here is something to think about. The government already is managing the healthcare for a segment of our population and they are really doing a bang up job of it.. Think VA.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                        Here is something to think about. The government already is managing the healthcare for a segment of our population and they are really doing a bang up job of it.. Think VA.
                        It will be better this time when they take over healthcare for everyone

I can't understand why people who earn money and pay taxes can't see that the government is taking your money and giving it to lazy sacks(mainly). I bet things would change if everyone kept 100% of what they make and at year end get bills from all different gov departments. They would shiznit themselves.

Comment

Well my standard reply from now on....Picture is worth a thousand words.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                            Or how many people paid a fine versus getting free Obamacare?

Hint - it was in the millions

Comment

Working...
                            X