Question for the Deep Sea Salt Water Brain trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Deep Sea Salt Water Brain trust

I purchased a fly out trip to the Chandaluer Islands plus a day of bay fishing in Louisiana for my son as a graduation gift. The day prior to leaving we got an email cancelling the trip due to weather. Needless to say he was bummed. So yesterday I talked to him about getting him a deep sea fishing trip to replace it because it was closer. With him leaving for college and his football schedule, plus my work schedule we are not going to have the time to get down to Louisiana for some time. What time of year would you go deep sea fishing in Texas and who would you go with? My son likes the idea of a deep sea trip because he has never been and could take some of his new teammates. Do not want to go on a party boat, would prefer a charter that could take up to about 6 people.

I ( we ) have gone with http://www.matagordasportfishing.com/ a couple of times. Plan on going again in a month or so. Im no expert but Aug-Oct are the best, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
      I ( we ) have gone with http://www.matagordasportfishing.com/ a couple of times. Plan on going again in a month or so. Im no expert but Aug-Oct are the best, I believe.

X 2 they are a class act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess it depends on what your after and how long you wanna be out. Right now is snapper season, plus you can troll for mahi and kings.

The farther you go you can get into different fish, but it takes longer to get there and back. An over nighter for those kids would be a real memory.

Does everybody have sea legs? That could change things.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

I am the only one who has been out deep sea fishing, so sea legs is an unlnown

Comment

I would look at Bluefin charters out of Freeport. Rent the entire boat. Let him bring who he wants. It would fish 8-10 people easy. Do an overnighter. Guys always grouper fish it seems.

Comment

Anyone else have other options for me to research

Comment

Make a run over to Venice, La.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  I would look at Bluefin charters out of Freeport. Rent the entire boat. Let him bring who he wants. It would fish 8-10 people easy. Do an overnighter. Guys always grouper fish it seems.
                  This!!! Y'all could have a great trip! The guys that run this boat will put you on some fish and the boat is pretty nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X