No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if Im understanding right, this will make land fall and then meander up and over back to LA correct? What rain can be expected around the Montgomery county area?

Comment

How far inland is this system going to go?

Comment

Wow this is the first Im hearing of this storm

Comment

Well planned on some last minute lease work, but I guess I'll just go to the Hunters Extravaganza and gaze at a bunch of over priced toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
            So if Im understanding right, this will make land fall and then meander up and over back to LA correct? What rain can be expected around the Montgomery county area?
            Suffice it to say you're gonna get more rain than what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              ****, we are vacationing on SPI from Thursday through Monday. Better bring my board and fins!!!!
              Funny, we'll be down there thursday-monday as well!

SMH, just my luck!

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                Playing devils advocate here. Everyone says to get prepared on this site. If I turn on the news or scour wunderground/weatherchannel/local news, I see literally see no mention of it whatsoever.

Why would the news not be covering this if it's an actual threat?

Again, not trying to be a smart ***, just looking for explanation for those of us who don't follow weather closely.

I don't watch the local news on T.V. but I'm sure they will be all over this before the day is out.

Edit: I'm thinking the Eclipse stole the show yesterday in the news. Back on track today.
                Last edited by Johnny; 08-22-2017, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks yet again to Johnny as well as the others who posted info. This is literally the first I've heard of the approaching storm but if these guys say it's coming, it's dam sure coming. Now I know.

Comment

Recommendations of legit sites to use to follow this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter1089 View Post
                      Recommendations of legit sites to use to follow this thing?
                      Tropical weather and Atlantic hurricane information, analysis, and forecasts by Levi Cowan.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                        http://origin.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/basi..._loop_ndfd.gif

Is this what you are talking about when you mention the ULL? I was just looking at that and wondering what this may do to the storm
                        The Upper Level Low is visible on Satellite imagery moving westward across the Gulf. It's very high in the atmosphere.. that will lead to a weakness which, whatever Harvey is, will "feel" and move towards that weakness.

There is also a frontal boundary that will stall out that further complicates things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                            Suffice it to say you're gonna get more rain than what you want.
                            Lol, kinda what I was figuring

Comment

I never cancel plans based on weather forecasts, unless it's Johnny's. I have learned a lot about how this stuff works and is predicted from his threads over the years. All you coastal folks take care.

Having to rethink my plans on the river this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                If there is one thing I have learned from our news channels, it is never too soon to start mass hysteria...I remember last year Ed Emmitt preaching for well over a week for everyone to be prepared (I can't remember the storm name), and then when the storm fizzled out, he yelled at everyone for being too prepared. That causes the boy who cried wolf syndrome.

Lol, I wouldn't call them pro's by any means, just that it seems like they do whatever they can to hype storms, no matter how minimal they are.

I gotcha. I wasn't questioning any prediction, more of looking for some insight as to why the news wouldn't cover a storm given their disposition to hype anything and everything. Trying to figure out what was different this time.

X2

Comment

Working...
                                X