Shotgun Advice: Franchi Affinity 3.5 vs Winchester SX4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shotgun Advice: Franchi Affinity 3.5 vs Winchester SX4

Any of you guys have any experience with either of these shotguns?

It will primarily be used as a duck gun a couple weekends a month during season with the possibility of 1 goose hunt per year. I've decided on 28"bbl, 3.5" chamber in matte black or wood. I'll likely have the stock dipped & the metal cerekote'd if I go black.

I have a Stoeger M2000 that has basically an identical inertia system to the Affinity and it has been a very reliable gun. It kicks a bit but not enough to send me shopping for a new gun.

Both point very well for me, too (in the store at least). I can get the Affinity 3.5 for $835 out the door from a local gun shop but Cabelea's is having a sale on the SX4 @ $749 plus a $100 mail-in rebate so I could bring it home for around $695 out the door.

Any thoughts or experience with either?

I had an Affinity for a few years, great gun and bought it for my ex to use on duck hunts with me. We abused it and put it through the paces for a solid 3 years, never missed a beat and I would not be afraid to recommend it (behind my Beretta a400 of course) it's a solid gun for sure, I don't have any experience with the sx4 though

Comment

I have an affinity and abused all duck season long this past season and it even got to put down a gobbler this spring. I have zero complaints about it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
        I had an Affinity for a few years, great gun and bought it for my ex to use on duck hunts with me. We abused it and put it through the paces for a solid 3 years, never missed a beat and I would not be afraid to recommend it (behind my Beretta a400 of course) it's a solid gun for sure, I don't have any experience with the sx4 though
        Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
        I have an affinity and abused all duck season long this past season and it even got to put down a gobbler this spring. I have zero complaints about it!

This seems to be general consensus!

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post

Do you have the 3" or 3.5"? I'm curious how it will handle the lighter loads around 1oz.

Comment

Mine is actually a 20 gauge so 3 is the max with it. But I have shot everything from the cheapest shells from walmart to heavy turkey and duck loads and it hasn't missed a beat. Now my old beretta 12 gauge won't eject anything less than 1 1/8 ounce of shot but so far my franchi hasn't been picky at all. Have 2 other buddies with the affinity in 12 gauge and they both love theirs also. They are both the 3 inch models though

Comment

Another vote for the Affinity, bought because of the way it points. Drastically improved my shooting.

Comment

My brother has a Super X4 and I was impressed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a friend who has the SX4. He went goose hunting with a group of buddies and the weather was extremely cold and miserable. He said all of the other auto-loaders were having issues cycling, but his SX4 just kept on running.

Don't know if you will hunting in extreme conditions, but he is sold on the SX4.

Comment

Franchi is a way better product than Winchester. The Italians really have the best shotguns.

Comment

Originally posted by Axis FMJ View Post
                      Franchi is a way better product than Winchester. The Italians really have the best shotguns.
                      One thing that speaks to that end is the Franchi has a 7 year warranty and the Winchester has zero warranty...

Comment

I've had several Franchi auto shotguns and never regretted the purchases.

Even bought one in my 20's that was heavily used. It would jam in the field sometimes, but I got so good at taking it down and shooting again that I kept it for years.

FYI - my upgrade after that 1st one was a Mossberg 500 for $180. I was living day to day and dollar by dollar.
                        Last edited by tigerscowboy; 06-06-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

If you ever plan on selling it, I would get the 3.5"

Comment

I had a franchi variomax that ended up with a feed problem with magazine cutoff, called them, they said send it in and they fixed it for free. I wasn't original owner and never registered it, I was impressed with that customer service !

Comment

Franchi

It is essentially a SBE but with the recoil spring over the tube rather than in the stock.
                              Last edited by Sleepy; 06-06-2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X