Opening Day Traditions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening Day Traditions!

My brother and I have a long tradition of playing the "Opening Day" song. We love it and if you haven't heard it, I think you will too!

Any of y'all have an opening day tradition?

Opening day tradition is Steaks and Cabbage in a cast iron over fire and Makers Mark over a cube. This sounds good but has not worked out so tossing the cabbage and going with camp fire Brussel sprouts ��

Comment

Cooking a pot of chili the day before it opens! Rifle season so the season is more fitting for chili lol

Comment

Steaks, Beer and Moonshine with a little Josh Ward to get ready for the hangover and first sit of the year!

Comment

Jason86 makes a bet with me every off season for steaks opening weekend and loses every time. I enjoy his free steaks

Comment

I’ll be the only one out there this weekend so it will just be something easy for dinner and some whiskey.

Opening weekend of rifle it’s a big fajita feast with a couple of our neighboring leases and lots of cold beer!

Comment

Getting to the stand WAY TO EARLY!!!

Comment

sleeping to long forgetting the gate key and lots of heat and rain,,,, my traditions go back for 50 years... they are likely to carry on again this year the heat and rain for sure

Comment

My open-n day tradition is be-n on TBH and read-n all the live hunts go-n on. Except that one year back in 2006 where TBH suddenly.......................................... .........................................

Edit: (and nobody was home cause all the mods were out hunt-n . That was a long wait to get back on the Green Screeen !)
                  Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-26-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Over the past few years my opening weekend tradition has been to work.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We usually go to the wild game dinner that Divide ISD has every year of HWY 41 Friday night. Then get ready for the rifle opener the next day. I always miss the bow opener, just like this year. Food is always meat cooked over the open fire. Salami sandwiches on the grill with cheese on toast as starters. Good stuff.
                      Last edited by Beargrizzly90; 09-26-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X