What Cordless Power Tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjohntex View Post
    Don't overlook ridgid tools from home depot. If you register them you get lifetime warranty that even covers batteries and charger! I beat mine up every day at work.
    I was at Home Depot renting something and there was a guy there arguing because they wanted to charge him to send his ridgid drill in to be fixed. Shipping or something but the repair was free . He said you did not charge me the last 2 times to fix it . I said maybe you should have gotten a different brand if this one has been back 2 times before. I said it before I even thought about it , but he agreed. Dewalt all the way for me , I have all of the 18 V tools and have had them for years. I use them pretty hard and they hold up.

Comment

I've always been a Dewalt guy but I bought a Bosch drill a few months back and now I don't use my Dewalt tools much anymore...

Comment

Ryobi 18v platform has the largest selection of tools on the market. For home owner use this is what i would do. Besides that I am milwaukee cause all the diff tools lights, and such

Comment

Dewalt!

Comment

Dewalt or Milwaukee, hands down!

Comment

18v Milwaukee gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                Which one is good to have around?
                Dewalt, Milwaukee, Ryobi, ???
                Looking at getting a drill, impact, Sawzall for the time being.
                I have a drill and saw from Harbor Freight, but batteries don't last and the last few times I've been there, can't even find a replacement. I'm not going to be using them all the time, but when I need one, I need to work and the battery to last more than a few minutes.
                What's in your tool box??
                All of my power tools are Milwaukee. You could have gotten a complete set for about 50% off through Home Depot earlier this week.

Comment

I have nothing but problems with my 18v rigid tools. When I started my business that's all I bought, and I've had battery issues and tool breakdowns with every single item, recip. saw, circ. Saw, impact, drill, hammer drill, multi-tool. Sure they are warrantied, but they aren't any good to me when they are off getting repaired/replaced. I've gone to Makita and Milwaukee and havent had any issues whatsoever.

Comment

I haven’t had any problems with any of my dewalt tools. Dewalt gets my vote.

Comment

Milwaukee brushless will ruin you on anything else available at a box hw store.

My tools get used 5+ days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                        All of my power tools are Milwaukee. You could have gotten a complete set for about 50% off through Home Depot earlier this week.

They are still on sale at my local store . Not all sets but a few are , batteries too

Comment

Milwaukee...buy them on sale

Comment

My brother is a cheap... rascal, and gets good service out of Ryobi tools for around the house projects. I use cordless tools on a pretty regular basis and have good luck with dewalt, we also use Milwaukee tools at the ranch and have good luck with them. Drill bits I like Milwaukee red helix drill bits and for any kind of saw blade I use diablo brand.

Comment

Milwaukee all the way. I use their tools 7 days a week, and they flat out last.
                              Their E-Service is way ahead of anybody else I've found. Break a tool, enter the serial online, they immediately email you a prepaid label, drop it off, shows up a week later.
                              I just got an impact back. Dropped it off a cell tower, and snapped it in two. They sent a brand new one back. Quick, no phone call, no hassle, no arguments.
                              They're all going to break at some point.
                              Ever sent a Ryobi tool off through HD? Takes 6 weeks to get it back. Absolute nightmare everytime.
                              Rigid sucks, end of story. Burned up 3 brand new drills, in one day.
                              Makita is the only tool company left that builds their own tools. All the others mix and match parts, are owned by other companies, etc..
                              I would put it Hilti, Milwaukee, Makita.
                              Just like hand tools though. Not everyone needs Snap, or Mac, for some people, Craftsman is more than enough.
                              Depends on how you plan on using it.
                              Last edited by MadHatter; 05-31-2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

I stick with Kobalt...bought a new set for Black Friday this past November.

Comment

Working...
                                X