Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

OK
    So I got me a video camera and all the basics to film my hunts (or at least try to) and I finally got it all to come together and got a kill on film

My laptop does not have a firewire port so I bought a firewire card and when I got it it turned out to be the wrong kind, did not know there was more than one kind
    So I figured out what the correct card was (express card) and ordered one. Got it in the mail today. Got all my stuff together, plugged the video camera in and turned it on. Brought up windows movie maker and figured out how to try and get my video from camera to laptop.
    When I hit capture video from device it pops up a message that basically says it could not find any device, however the screen on the video camera is flashing "DV-in" so I am guessing there is a connection

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I can work on some stuff but computers does not fall in that category

Thanks for ANY help or suggestions

OK, any suggestions on a site that might offer some help?

Comment

does the on button turn 2 ways?

wee

Comment

If you mean on the video camera the answer is yes and I have tried both ways and still get the same message

I might try it on the wife's laptop here in a little bit and see if it works on hers.

I am also going to try just plugging the cable in to the camera and see if i get the DV-IN message or if the camera is sensing the computer

Comment

I think it is the windows movie maker program, did a search and it turned up all kinf
          ds of hit with people having the same trouble

Comment

Might have to hit the import button on WMM instead of the capture button.

Click on file>important into collections

Comment

I think it is just the version of WMM that I have, tried it on the wife's laptop and got it to work.
              Now I just have to figure out how to cut out about 8 min of boredom and I might have something to post. Should not take more than a month

Comment

Working...
              X