Best Mexican food in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there one place that stands out over all else in your opinion?

I've eaten 3 times at Agave Jalisco in George West between Lowes and DQ and all 3 times it's been the best. 1st time I thought I was just super hungry. After the second time (last spring break) my kids said they couldn't wait for spring break 2017 so they could eat there again LOL. Well this time (our 3rd) it was better than ever.

Way better than Chuys, Dos Salsas, and all the blah same old places in North Austin areas.

Best come down to the valley and find out what real Mexican food is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It'll be BoBs house......he also has the best BBQ available in the state

Comment

Most any fire station in San Antonio

Comment

There will be no end to this thread, but I bet I'll learn some new places to eat.

Comment

Here at the house

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw713 View Post
              Here at the house
              Party at Outlaw713's house next week!

Comment

Best cheese enchiladas- Herberts taco hut in San Marcos

Comment

Joe t Garcia in the stockyards

Comment

Taco Bell

Taco Cabanna is a close second

And the taquito's from Whataburger follow in 3rd

Comment

It ain't Segovia truck stop

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post

Ill agree with this. The valley has the best obviously. Outside of that the metros have their own chains that are excellent in their own right. Best Tacos around my area come out of trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post

I can get the same stuff in Houston as I can in Brownsville. Not that it isn't awesome down there. But Houston is full of folks from down there and they brought it with em.

As far as best goes I don't know. I have my favorites but I've eaten good Mexican food from all over the state. I do prefer Authentic Mexican over Tex-mex myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            I can get the same stuff in Houston as I can in Brownsville. Not that it isn't awesome down there. But Houston is full of folks from down there and they brought it with em.

As far as best goes I don't know. I have my favorites but I've eaten good Mexican food from all over the state. I do prefer Authentic Mexican over Tex-mex myself.

Yep. People have a hard time understanding that when folks move to different areas they don't forget how to make stuff. Houston has some amazing Mexican food because Houston has some amazing Mexicans that can cook. I never understood why people in the valley thought this way. Houston, San Antonio and Dallas have more Mexicans than the every town in the valley combined.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Yep. People have a hard time understanding that when folks move to different areas they don't forget how to make stuff. Houston has some amazing Mexican food because Houston has some amazing Mexicans that can cook. I never understood why people in the valley thought this way. Houston, San Antonio and Dallas have more Mexicans than the every town in the valley combined.

I wouldn't doubt it! Harris County is what, 5 million plus now. And a buncha Tejano folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X