No announcement yet.

NFL Boycott is working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to see as a country that we are beginning to get back what has been lost over the previous 8 years. I'm proud of Trump "Making America Great Again", even though he gets off in the deep end occasionally. But its easy to see that he has his heart and actions in the best interest of America and the culture that has made us great.

I think the NFL boycott should stand for the remainder of the season to teach them and everyone else a lesson.

#BOYCOTTNFL

Comment

No NFL for me. Haven't had cable or watched a game in several years. If I see a game on TV its at a sports bar, but I'm there for the wings.
      I'm all about college ball also. More passion, less whining.

Comment

I've Been Done

I'll stick with my College ball.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          I’m willing to bet the folks already on the fritz about the NFL stay that way...I know I am. Yeah I’m gunna watch when I can or feel motivated to do so, but that’s not going to be very often. They have ruined what little I liked about the NFL with all this crap.

College ball is where it’s at anyway.

Gig'em Ags!

Skinny
          I agree. The NFL only changed their tune bc of $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            well.. they cant stand up...

too soon?

JJ Watt is on one knee now

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
              Funny I notice Leon hasn't been boycotting any games......

See post #22. [emoji6]

Sunday was the first time you seen me post anything on the Packers all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                I agree. The NFL only changed their tune bc of $$$$$$$$$$

Yeeesssssss! Gig em Aggies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but if not it needs to be.

An open letter to the NFL players,

You graduated high school in 2011. Your teenage years were a struggle. Your mother was the leader of the family and worked tirelessly to keep a roof over your head and food on your plate. You stood out because you weighed 225 lbs and could run 40 yards in 4.2 seconds while carrying a football.

Your best friend was just like you, except he didn’t play football. Instead of going to football practice after school, he went to work at McDonalds for minimum wage.

You were recruited by all the big colleges and spent every weekend of your senior year making visits to universities where coaches and boosters tried to convince you their school was best. They laid out the red carpet for you.

Your best friend worked double shifts at Mickey D’s. College was not an option for him.

On the day you signed with Big State University, your best friend signed paperwork with his Army recruiter. You went to summer workouts. He went to basic training.

You spent the next four years living in the athletic dorm, eating at the training table. You spent your Saturdays on the football field, cheered on by adoring fans. Tutors attended to your every academic need. You lifted weights, ran sprints, studied plays, and soon became one of the top football players in the country.

Your best friend was assigned to the 101st Airborne Division. While you were in college, he deployed to Iraq once and Afghanistan twice. He became a Sergeant and led a squad of 19 year old soldiers who grew up just like he did. He shed his blood in Afghanistan and watched young American's give their lives, limbs, and innocence for the USA.

You went to the NFL combine and scored off the charts. You hired an agent and waited for draft day. You were drafted in the first round and your agent immediately went to work, ensuring that you received the most money possible. You signed for $16 million although you had never played a single down of professional football.

Your best friend re-enlisted in the Army for four more years. As a combat tested sergeant, he will be paid $32,000 per year.

You will drive a Ferrari on the streets of South Beach. He will ride in the back of a Blackhawk helicopter with 10 other combat loaded soldiers. You will sleep at the Ritz. He will dig a hole in the ground and try to sleep. You will “make it rain” in the club. He will pray for rain as the temperature reaches 120 degrees. On Sunday, you will run into a stadium as tens of thousands of fans cheer and yell your name. For your best friend, there is little difference between Sunday and any other day of the week. There are no adoring fans. There are only people trying to kill him and his soldiers. Every now and then, he and his soldiers leave the front lines and “go to the rear” to rest. He might be lucky enough to catch an NFL game on TV.

When the National Anthem plays and you take a knee, he will jump to his feet and salute the television. While you protest the unfairness of life in the United States, he will give thanks to God that he has the honor of defending his great country.

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right. But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream,
                  yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and encourage all like minded Americans to boycott the NFL as well.

--- SHARE, SHARE, SHARE ---

National boycott of the NFL for Sunday November 12th, Veterans Day Weekend. Boycott all football telecast, all fans, all ticket holders, stay away from attending any games, let them play to empty stadiums.

Pass this post along to all your friends and family. Honor our military, some of whom come home with the American Flag draped over their coffin

Comment

I have to admit I really have not missed not watching and nfl games.

Comment

Kneeling for bought and paid for displays of Patriotism doesn't bother me one bit, or my Dad (Marine) or my late Gpa (Army). I take my cues from them.

I dont watch Steelers or Ravens games for a reason ... Rapists and Murderers. Eff them.

Of course it is about money.

I watch any and all football I can get my hands on (except the before mentioned), and will continue to do so.

Comment

Of course this reversal is about money. The NFL proudly showed where they stood socially when they let they players protest. It wasn't until it became a financial liability did they step in and change course.

Comment

Jerry Jones tried to play both sides of the fence kneeling arms linked in solidarity with one side of the argument, then standing arms linked, instead of hand on heart, for the anthem like that's supposed to make the other side of the argument feel all warm and fuzzy. Well it didn't.

As for Godell, doing the right thing only after suffering consequences is very insincere and not going to be accepted by many. The owner of the 49ers should have addressed this with his employee immediately after the anthem ended the first time he sat and Godell should have sent a message to all owners that the NFL will not tolerate this type of conduct.

Now that they are losing ratings, sponsors and cash they want to wave the flag, stand tall and sing loudly like they never have before. My weekends are too full as it is with hunting fishing and spending time with family. Now my DVR has plenty of space since I quit watching millionaires that have never had a real job in their life protest the only country in the world capable of allowing them to succeed.

If you want to watch some real football support your local high school team and fill their stands on Friday night.

Comment

DEATH to the NFL!

Bring on soccer. GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL!

Comment

So, everyone boycotted with the position of "NFL, do something about this or we wont watch any more!"

Now that they are doing something about it, you still are ticked off and boycotting.

I watch football to get away from the everyday mumbo jumbo. I hated the fact that the players wanted to kneel and disrespect our nation and flag. But as long as their employer was willing to turn a blind eye, they had every right to do so.
                              Those few players who knelt, i dont agree with, but it has not and will not stop me from watching. If i boycotted every single person and organization that disagrees with my beliefs and ideals, i would be a lonely and boring individual.
                              I wouldn't have a truck as the lean holder/banks are corrupt. I wouldn't pay my taxes as the government is corrupt. I would hardly be able to go out and do something with the family or eat at a restaurant that didnt have some liberal leanings. I would not have tv to watch to wind down in the evenings.
                              Its getting out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
                                If you want to watch some real football support your local high school team and fill their stands on Friday night.
                                AMEN BROTHER!!!
                                Some of the BEST games I've seen this year have been by the Franklin Lions!!!
                                Three games they won were in the last minute of the game. 2 of those games, 2 seconds and 6 seconds were left on the clock when they took the lead.
                                As far as the nfl, I'm done with them for the year.
                                No
                                Fans
                                Left

Comment

Working...
                                X