This will open a can of worms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
    For what it's worth (see what I did there? ), I thought both antlers had to be unbranched until I just re-read the regulations. I agree with the others, the regulations clearly state at least 1 (ONE) unbranched antler (no more than 1 point)...HOWEVER...the definition of a point says that if a protrusion is shorter than 1" it doesn't count. So in the case that you have two little 3/4" forked nubs it does not meet the definition of a point so it's technically not branched.
    Ding!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
      WOW! That is what you think because I would not shoot a 6 month old deer. Good luck to you.

No... he thinks that because your comments are small-minded and judgmental.

Comment

Better have a buck tag left if you make a mistake and shoot a nubbin for a doe and some antler is showing. If the deer is by itself or the rear hocks are black, its a nubbin buck 99.9% of the time.

Comment

They actually changed this "spike" definition some time back. In the beginning when this special late season was first introduced, a "spike" for the late season had to have no branches, bumps or anything. This was done because the real purpose of the late season was to give additional management opportunities to take out more does from the over-populated areas mainly out west and south. That spike provision was put in to cover mistakes for folks shooting yearling spikes and fawn spikes thinking they were does...

Later in an effort to simplify the regs, the spike definition was changed so that there is only one definition for a spike...

Comment

Seems pretty straight forward

Comment

Why would you shoot a nubbin buck. And by the way Burt Reynolds died

Comment

Wow! That was too easy!

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Why would you shoot a nubbin buck. And by the way Burt Reynolds died
                  It is the venison version of veal.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                    They took out "spike season" a couple of years ago and replaced it with AR "unbranched" definition. Unbranched CAN have a 3/4" point as it has to be 1", per TPWD, to count as a point.

We've got about 8 "spikes/unbranched" on our 400 ac so I shot one late in reg season cause I hadn't shot anything and wanted venison. Hate me, I don't care. He'll eat good.

Carry on
                    Hate is a very strong word, I’d prefer not to use it. If it’s ok I’m just going to slide you over to the strongly dislike category.

Comment

What if the HB in the White Jeep asked the same question?
                      Geaux ! LMAO

Comment

Creedmore or Grendel?

Comment

Working...
                        X