No announcement yet.

Cleaning a roto molded cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot about a few exploded soda cans in the cooler and it looked as it was stained brown inside. Water, bleach and scrub brush cleaned my Icehole out good looking like new.

Comment

My rotos are for ice, groceries and drinks. I have an igloo 55 qt designated for fish and then a big old igloo sportsman 155qt for storing and bleeding game. No way game or fish go in something I spent good money on.

Comment

I usually just use the water hose and my hand. If it's real bad I use dawn with a rag.

Comment

Bleach and water. Been working great for me for about 30 years .

Comment

Bleach is good for smell but vanilla extract is better. Wash it in dawn really good then dry the cooler dump some vanilla on a rag and wipe the entire inside down close the lid and leave it alone for a few days (Don't reopen the lid during that time) real lemon juice works also.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
              What the heck are y’all doing to your coolers? I’ve only had to ever use soap and water...
              Kinda what I was thinking......

Comment

I use Clorox to clean out and if really bad I sun bleach it. Clean then leave in direct sun for the day. UV usually kills everything and removes most the stink

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Water.

Water and bleach if it gets funky.

I don't worry about the marks.
                  This. Unless it's after a deer or fish have been in it water does the trick.

Comment

The Zep will clean anything. Love that stuff

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      My rotos are for ice, groceries and drinks. I have an igloo 55 qt designated for fish and then a big old igloo sportsman 155qt for storing and bleeding game. No way game or fish go in something I spent good money on.
                      X2.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                        Bleach is good for smell but vanilla extract is better. Wash it in dawn really good then dry the cooler dump some vanilla on a rag and wipe the entire inside down close the lid and leave it alone for a few days (Don't reopen the lid during that time) real lemon juice works also.
                        How do you keep from hitting deer when it’s on your truck?

Comment

Working...
                        X