Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trooper shot down the road last night...waiting on more 411.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trooper shot down the road last night...waiting on more 411.

Pins & needles for the rest to come out before posting & wish there was more to share:

Cooking a late steak for Mrs Artos last night when the road behind my house started to light up. Now the McAllen HQ is south on this same road & not uncommon to see / hear them whizzing by, but told Michelle something is very wrong. She asked why & told her too many involved with what I would consider excessive speeds even under the conditions. The drainage ditch behind the fence parallels with no east/west crossings so you can scoot along without worry of anyone turning in front or crossing...not uncommon place for folks to open it up & police would be no exception in their understanding regards to mitigating public risk/pursuit. Just a little concerned they would make their stop/turn at the perceived velocities from my view, but mostly could taste the intensity.

This was I guess right around 9:30 & when the whirly birds starting being up the air 5-10 mins later?? Here we go & just assumed the spill over SOTB finally happened out in the open. Anyway, I had Mrs Artos start checking social media & it was immediate disinformation with a McAllen PD & Trooper down with the RIPs with a couple of assumed names. Never gonna do that agin.

I understand the troop is in stable but serious condition but pretty typical of the slow play black out media down here...thought even for the valley that a vague statement would have been given 24 hours later?? Heard the perp was taken to the hospital but that's about it?? Couldn't sleep last nite & found this story top of foxnews.com around 1am but at breakfast buried?? Frustrating to me how the valley & all the issues we have would even affect THIS & what feels like the basic flow of information intentionally choked?? If this had been anywhere else, 24 hours later we would know something more about the underlying storyline. Right now we are told the perp is 24 from edinburg. Was he on parol, illegal, stolen car?? Elsewhere, you would have a childhood history & their DNA displayed.

I'll let you know once the local media gets their stories straight...sure didn't think we were so much like mexico where journalists don't care about getting & being the first to release the scoop.:roll eyes:

Prayers outbound for the Trooper, his family and all the LEOs along the border.

Comment

Praying for the trooper. Hope justice nails the perp even if media doesnt.

Comment

$1 million bond on the POS...

just put 2 in him & throw his *** in a dumpster...

Comment

Prayers up for a full and speedy recovery

Comment

Artos this is close to my house off mon mack and rogers prayers to the trooper everything was shut down last night as the search was on

Comment

My hometown. Prayers up for the trooper and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                $1 million bond on the POS...

just put 2 in him & throw his *** in a dumpster...

To heck with the dumpster....river is right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  If this had been anywhere else, 24 hours later we would know something more about the underlying storyline. Right now we are told the perp is 24 from edinburg. Was he on parol, illegal, stolen car?? Elsewhere, you would have a childhood history & their DNA displayed.

I'll let you know once the local media gets their stories straight...sure didn't think we were so much like mexico where journalists don't care about getting & being the first to release the scoop.:roll eyes:
                  I feel your pain, I have a close friend who's Trooper Son is stationed down there. When we heard there was chills down our spine. You want to call the family up here but also don't want to put any extra worry in their minds

Comment

Prayers for the trooper. Any word of the nationality of the shooter?

Comment

I just checked the retired DPS web site . The only info being released at this time is the Trooper’s name and that he is in critical but stable condition. So glad I retired, this s**t is happening far too often now! Things have really changed for the worse in our society . I getting ready to teach Use of Force to some recruits and more and more I’d rather advise them to pursue another career.

Comment

Prayers up for the Peace Officer

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          Prayers for the trooper. Any word of the nationality of the shooter?
                          There’s a link in the op. Won’t be a hard guess.

Comment

Prayers Up.

Comment

I saw this midday yesterday on social media, I was surprised there wasn’t anything on TBH already. Guess it’s being kept quiet. Hope he makes a full recovery

Comment

Working...
                              X