Public Duck Hunting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Duck Hunting??

Anyone have any general spots around Texas they like to duck hunt? Can be public land. Not looking to fill 5 people's bag limits, just myself wanting to get a few birds down.

Thanks!

Near water or cut fields are best

Comment

Kinda a broad question considering how large texas is. Get your type ii public land permit and you'll get a map that should give you plenty of options to get started.

Comment

Do you have a boat? Kayak? Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
          Do you have a boat? Kayak? Where do you live?

I live in Houston but willing to travel, no boat but I do have a kayak.

Comment

bump

Comment

Toledo Bend or Sam Ramburn. Took many a duck off of both while in college.
              Find some back water or smaller section of the lake.
              Also managed to take some gallinules too off of Toledo.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett Harlan View Post
                Anyone have any general spots around Texas they like to duck hunt? Can be public land. Not looking to fill 5 people's bag limits, just myself wanting to get a few birds down.

Thanks!
                Duck hunter's do not just give up their spots. Spot's arent a secret but, telling where birds are on a public forum is a disaster. Find water near you and scout to find the birds.

Comment

Guadalupe delta

Comment

Flag pond on lake Somerville . Or mad island wma the Justin wma ,trinity river , lake Conroe ,

Comment

Seems legit. 30 Posts, lets ask for duck hunting spots.

Nobody is going to give up public duck hunting spots. Look on TPWD website, public land map, pick some spots you are willing to drive too. Scout on google to narrow down focus points, drive out and scout, then give it a shot.

I will give you a few tips,

#1 Get there early, like 3 or 4 hours before LST to set up. Especially if you are walking in.

#2 The further you have to walk the better the odds.

#3 Buy a bunch of the $4 LED head lamps on sale for xmas every year at Academy. Get there early set up your spread, then place a few of the head lamps together on sticks or bushes 50-75 yards to either side of you. Then when people come in later they will think their is multiple hunting groups already set in the spot and move along somewhere else.

#4 If you can find info about a spot on forums- TBH, DHC, etc. So can everybody else with a computer or phone. And high chances it is not a good spot anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        Seems legit. 30 Posts, lets ask for duck hunting spots.

Nobody is going to give up public duck hunting spots. Look on TPWD website, public land map, pick some spots you are willing to drive too. Scout on google to narrow down focus points, drive out and scout, then give it a shot.

I will give you a few tips,

#1 Get there early, like 3 or 4 hours before LST to set up. Especially if you are walking in.

#2 The further you have to walk the better the odds.

#3 Buy a bunch of the $4 LED head lamps on sale for xmas every year at Academy. Get there early set up your spread, then place a few of the head lamps together on sticks or bushes 50-75 yards to either side of you. Then when people come in later they will think their is multiple hunting groups already set in the spot and move along somewhere else.

#4 If you can find info about a spot on forums- TBH, DHC, etc. So can everybody else with a computer or phone. And high chances it is not a good spot anymore.

#3 is probably the best kept secret till now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                          #3 is probably the best kept secret till now lol.
                          Haha yup there goes my lanterns

Comment

You ain't gotta buy lanterns or decoys. Just pick up the ones the airboat guides leave at texoma overnight to reserve spots for their morning shuttle stops!![emoji14]

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              You ain't gotta buy lanterns or decoys. Just pick up the ones the airboat guides leave at texoma overnight to reserve spots for their morning shuttle stops!![emoji14]

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X