Youth crossbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth crossbow

Hey guys and gals, I have been shooting and hunting with a compound bow most of my life. My 8 year old has been shooting a small compound bow and wants to take a deer with archery equipment. He can’t pull back enough weight on his compound to make an ethical kill. We have talked about getting a crossbow but I know nothing about them. If I could get some input from the ones that shoot them or have shot them, that would be great. The crossbow will more then likely be used by my son, my wife and possibly my daughter in the coming years. Not looking to break the bank with the crossbow as we are new to the whole crossbow world. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centerpoint Sniper 370. Cost about $250 and has an adjustable stock. Just get you some better bolts. I've had good luck using the 125 grain Ramcat broadheads or the swacker mechanical.

Comment

Just order a centerpoint 370 for 250 from Scheels for my son. Gets here tomorrow. I couldn't find any negative reviews about them

Comment

Thanks guys. I have looked at the centerpoint crossbows a couple of times but wasn’t sure as I haven’t ever owned or shot one. What bolts should I try and find? Are there certain weights that you prefer over others?

Comment

Barnett makes a youth model called the Recruit. Smaller and less pull but still deadly

Comment

I bought the karnage apocalypse. It has a ar style adjustable butt. My 6yo son can shoot it no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by rvanicek View Post
              Thanks guys. I have looked at the centerpoint crossbows a couple of times but wasn’t sure as I haven’t ever owned or shot one. What bolts should I try and find? Are there certain weights that you prefer over others?

I went with the Black Eagle Archery Bolts. I had them add the brass inserts and i'm pretty sure they need to be 20" long for the Centerpoint. The only bad on this bow is the trigger. Look on crossbownation forum. There is a guy in Dallas that makes a trigger kit that greatly improves the trigger weight and creep.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

So, the problem is your kid wants to hunt deer with archery tools like crossbows but can't pull enough weight. Right? Why are you being worried? Let him try with an entry-level crossbow.

Comment

I have a brand new PSE FANG 350 with a hand crank for sale. Perfect for the young man and light. I will even throw in some extra crossbolts.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Avoid Barnett

Comment

Originally posted by rvanicek View Post
                        Hey guys and gals, I have been shooting and hunting with a compound bow most of my life. My 8 year old has been shooting a small compound bow and wants to take a deer with archery equipment. He can’t pull back enough weight on his compound to make an ethical kill. We have talked about getting a crossbow but I know nothing about them. If I could get some input from the ones that shoot them or have shot them, that would be great. The crossbow will more then likely be used by my son, my wife and possibly my daughter in the coming years. Not looking to break the bank with the crossbow as we are new to the whole crossbow world. TIA

I have a like new Sniper 370 with everything ready to go plus target/broadheads/arrows. $225 located in Tyler, TX

Comment

Wicked Ridge Ranger. Its made by Tenpoint. Large finger guard, built in cocking mechanism, built for the smaller frame. Bought one for my kids a couple of years ago and they have had zero problems shooting it.

Comment

Txhunter90 pm sent

Comment

The Sniper 370 is an awesome entry crossbow. I have good luck with the Carbon Express Pile Driver bolts. I caught them on clearance at Walmart. Honestly any quality bolts will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X